Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is showing Facobook Friends with no FB account.

Spotify is showing Facobook Friends with no FB account.

I do not have a Facebook. Not anymmore at least. And I know I never had spotify linked to it. Yer somehow Spotify is showing my old Facebook profile picture and knows who my friends were. I don't like it and want it gone. Suggestions?

5 Replies

What is your Spotify username @styrkrmunr ?

It is possible it is just your client has cached really old data.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just downloaded the client minutes before I started the thread. I have been using the web player for some time and until I downloaded the standalone client I did not realize that Spotify was using my old Facebook profile picture and was listing friends from my old Facebook account.

To answer your question, yes. My useyname is Styrkrmunr. I have stopped using Spotify in the meantime because I do not want that Facebook account active.

Can confirm your public facing profile contains no Facebook data, not sure where it has pulled it from for you.

It should correct itself given a little time. 🙂

Peter

The account is not linked to Facebook as per the account settings. The Facebook account is confirmed closed. I have never put anything in my Spotify profile, and the picture being used was unique to my Facebook account. That account has been closed for at least six months.

Your profile definitely isn't showing any Facebook data for me in either web player or desktop client:
https://play.spotify.com/user/Styrkrmunr

I know you have only just installed the client, but could you try re-installing?
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Suggested posts