Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not working on my Samsung Note 2

Spotify not working on my Samsung Note 2

I have spotify premium, it is working fine on my work and home computers as well as an older ipod we have at home but has stopped completely on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 ... it has always worked in the past, so I am unsure why it won't work now.

It comes up with an error message saying that "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped." then gives you an "Report" or "OK" option, when you select OK it comes up again a few times, if I actually manage to get into Spotify and go to set up offline playlists it then states there is not enough memory on the device! Very frustrasting ... so far I have tried:

1. uninstall and then a new install

2. uninstall, delete files (as advised on Spotify help etc..) and a new install

3. a factory reset of my phone and then a new install

So don't have a clue what to do next, my telco could not help either ... they have not struck this before!

8 Replies

Hey @cshakey02 ! That's not good to hear. Which version of Android do you have installed on the Note2? Also, how much available space do you have on the device? If you could let us know, we'd love to help out.

Does the device have an SD card in it too?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My device has android version 4.4.2 on it and 9.04GB of available space ... the SD card has 3.96GB of available space as well ... thanks for the help, I really appreciate it - it has me stumped!

Yes, it has an SD card ... that has 3.96GB of available space.

As a test, does it work if you?:
- Uninstall Spotify
- Remove your SD card
- Install Spotify
- Play a track

Peter

No it doesn't ... retried the uninstall, removed the SD card and resinstalled ... I continue to encounter the error message that says "unfortunately, spotify has stopped" with the Report of OK option, when I select OK, then the error message continues to appear and I can't access Spotify at all!

I have the exact same problem! Please help me! (same specs, 4.4 kitkat, sd card)

@matteo_eichhorn - Can you try the steps here?
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-2-Cache-on-external-SD-card-is-possible/td-...

Peter

Suggested posts