Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify premium accounts are being hacked from TELIA-dk and sold on ebay

Solved!

Spotify premium accounts are being hacked from TELIA-dk and sold on ebay

Hello, 12-month Spotify Premium subscriptions that Spotify sells for $120 are being sold on Ebay for up to $8. Check this out -snip- All these accounts are being hacked from customers of Telia-dk (se, de..) phone company. I've reported it to this company but they don't take any action. The sellers on ebay ask for your username, then they enter on Telia website and do spotify premium activation for your account on behalf of a legitimate Telia client's. Also hacking tools are being sold to get these Spotify Premium subscriptions for free from Telia. -snip snip snip- DON'T BUY THESE PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTIONS ON EBAY BECAUSE YOU ARE STEALING FROM LEGITIMATE TELIA CUSTOMERS, and it may result in having your account canceled since you activated a premium subscription irregularly, in addition to other consequences.

32 Replies

Hello,

I've been stung by the same scam. Can you disable the premium on my account? Or else close the account.

Thanks.

@d12345 wrote:

Hello,

I've been stung by the same scam. Can you disable the premium on my account? Or else close the account.

Thanks.

Please get in touch via our contact form and the payments team will deal with this for you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I made a purchase via ebay and have noticed my premium subscription has been prematurely deactivated.

I have contacted ebay to raise a resolution etc.

Obviously  annoyed, but reading here I understand it was some type of scam. It would have been handy if spotify could have sent an email to advise and give some background on this though.

I enjoyed using premium, but after getting stung for a few £, I am not in a postion to take out another premium subscription.

Perhaps when the price is in line with the US, I may jump back in.

take care

Hi there. Sadly. I too was tempted by the deal on eBay, discovered something wasn't quite right when I saw Telia branding. Research led me to here, where I find I too am a victim of a scam. Could you please deactivate the premium subscription on my account?

@wizk1 wrote:

Hi there. Sadly. I too was tempted by the deal on eBay, discovered something wasn't quite right when I saw Telia branding. Research led me to here, where I find I too am a victim of a scam. Could you please deactivate the premium subscription on my account?

You should get in touch with customer services using the Support Form and give them as much info as possible.

Also, report the eBay account that sold it.

Sorry,  wrong post.

Hello,

I just got a premium account online, and after looking into it, I saw the message about telia, and after doing some searching on google, it seems the account I bought was obtained as a part of this scam. I was unaware of how the account was obtained, but since its part of a scam, I do not wish to be a part of it, and would like this account closed please.

Can somebody help me, please?

Thank you!

Richard wrote:

Please get in touch via our contact form and the payments team will deal with this for you.

i had one sold to myself a few days ago and i already reported it to spotify and ebay and got my money back from the person who dsold it but ot seems to me the answer to thee problem would be to implement 2 factor authentication so when the customers account is being hacked they would need the mobile phione to complete it 

Unfortunately I fell for the same scam. Can you please close my account?

I have tried to get the spotify support team to do this using the contact form, but they say they can't...

Thanks!

@singalongbob - They should definitely be able to, just reply back to the last email you have from them and explain you think the account is stolen. Other than that, you could get in touch with Telia and they should also be able to close it for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I think I am in the same situation. Can someone tell me where I could contact support team

to tell them about the fraud account I am using. I don't want to loose my playlists too.

Thank you,

@varkolak - Please open a case with the accounts team using this form:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts