Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
corine

Spotify premium without credit card

Hi,

I'm using Spotify premium without complaints. For some reason I have to quit my credit card. I want to keep spotify. I can pay with Paypal, but for spotify that has to be connected to a creditcard. Is there any way I can continue spotify premium, without paying with credit card in the Netherlands? Thanx

Award Winning Artist
hpguru
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Spotify premium without credit card

Hey there!

You can try to search gift cards (maybe in your country at local stores) or get prepaid credit card?

Hope this helps.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Spotify Legend
Jude

Hi corine,

You do need a payment card (not necessarily a credit card) for subscription payment for a subscription via the website. One option is to use a one-time e-card, if your online bank offers those. You could buy a Premium code from the Spotify website.

Alternatively, you could buy a physical gift card. Spotify gift cards are now available in all Albert Heijn stores in the Netherlands.

Music Lover
corine

Thanx, I saw the gift cards in the Albert Heijn and that was how I wanted to solve the problem. But when i wnt to change my payment method, the system asks for a VISA, Mastercard or Paypal- number and not for a number from a gift card....

Spotify Legend
Jude

[ Edited ]

You should have this on your Subscription page..

Premium-codes

Heb je een Premium-code? Je kunt deze hier verzilveren.

Click on that to enter your code.

Once you have redeemed the code, the value of the gift card will be added to your current subscription (You never lose subscription time). So, if you leave the current payment card subscription running, the next charge date gets pushed back by that time. If you don't think you'll be using that payment card again. Cancel the subscription renewal. This would mean that you subscription stops once the value of the gift card runs out.

If you intend to use gift cards from now on, remember that you don't have to wait for each one to run out before you use another. You can just continually "top up".

(English speaking version of subscription page)

Premium codes

Have a Premium code? You can redeem it here.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.