Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify radio has changed after upgrade

Spotify radio has changed after upgrade

Hi. I upgraded to spotify premium recently and I am very disappointed and frustrated by it. Before the upgrade I always listened
To artist radio. This way I came across new tracks from similar artists and tracks I already knew. However since the upgrade the
recommendations that spotify is playing are completely different to the genre I have chosen. This is definitely a bug because it worked
Fine before. The songs being played are a million miles away from what I picked. Talk about a mood changer. Very close to scrapping my account
if I can't solve this. Thanks for any help.
3 Replies

Hey @Oppo - I think they've been doing some experimenting with radio since their recent acquisition of "Echo Nest", a company that provided dynamic radio station data to streaming services like Spotify. I have noticed an unmistakable difference in overall station content when playing stations based on an artist or song- one that I would call an improvement, as there is now much more variety.  I haven't tried genre radio stations for a while though.  But since Spotify seems to be exploring the new capibilities they've aquired on their back-end, it might be worth sticking around to see how their radio looks in a few months or so.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have posted in a couple threads about this.  My radio is completely unacceptable.  It is playing complete random music.  Very annoying and it totally useless.  Spotify is on a downhill trend right now.  They need to get in the game with the family plan and now this.  If this is not resovled soon, Beats is looking more and more like better option.

It has been confirmed over on this topic Spotify are testing some changes to radio:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Radio-Feature-Recent-Algorithm-Change/m-p...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts