Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I am subscribed to premium, without the student discount

Spotify thinks I am subscribed to premium, without the student discount

Hello,

In June I tried to switch to the Student Discount, afterwards my account said that I was still on for 9.99 payment. After contacting Customer Support, a Representative confirmed that I was signed up for the discount. Since then I've been charged the full 9.99 for both July and August.

I'm not sure what step I am missing, is there anyway we could resolve this situation?

2 Replies

Annoyingly, it doesn't appear that the Spotify payment system will allow US customers to adjust the price of an existing recurring subscription to apply the student discount. 

To get your discount, all you need to do is cancel your current subscription following the steps over on this help page then re-subscribe using your student discount link. No need to worry, you will still get all of the Premium days you have paid for doing this, you can cancel and resubscribe right away and you won't be billed until your next renewal date. 

If you want to ask for a refund, then you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to take that request from there. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Splendid, thank you for the explanation! I canceled and subscribed using spotify discount, it worked great.

Thanks again!

Suggested posts