Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

Hello,

Getting the same problem. I was traveling but now back in USA, my account says USA, the country is greyed out (so confirms it matches my IP), also checked my IP and it says Florida.

Please help. Thanks.

Adam

Does re-installing the app make any difference?
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Nope, I can't access music through website either.

Does your IP address locate to US on this page too?
http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

Yup, Florida.

Any solutions for this?

I think support might need to check this out for you. You can get in touch via Twitter: @SpotifyCares or email using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Good day,

I'm having a similar issue. My account has been opened in UK few years back. Now I'm in Switzerland and I have signed up for the Premium trial and intending to carry on paying. I have changed all of my details to Switzerland, however, when I'm trying to log in off my iPhone it comes up with the "14 days abroad" message.

Many thanks,

Eugene

Are you definitely logging into your Premium account? You shouldn't ever see a country error when your account is on Premium.

Peter

Hi 

I have the same problem. Spotify thinks my account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. But I did not used my account abroad, I´m still at my current address. Now I can´t log in. I tried to reinstall it, but it did not work. Could you help me pls? I want my account back. 

My username: veronika.kittova

@kajt wrote:

Hi 

I have the same problem. Spotify thinks my account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. But I did not used my account abroad, I´m still at my current address. Now I can´t log in. I tried to reinstall it, but it did not work. Could you help me pls? I want my account back. 

My username: veronika.kittova

Hi,

You should be able to login now - we currently have you in Slovakia.  Is that correct?

-off topic-

I'm really impressed by the speed of that reply Calvin! Just had to say.

☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

I`m having the same problem. I dont even know when and where I have used Spotify lately (I guess in Estonia since I live here). As I dont remember my username and password I tried to log in with my facebook account, but the error occured. I have also applied for a password change, but havent received an email from Spotify. Anyways. I need some suggestions, because I would really like to start using this application. Thanks 🙂

Aira

Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I live in Thailand but I downloaded spotify in Hong Kong. I can edit the country. Please help.

I'm from the US but spent some years in Portugal. I am living in the US now and spotify thinks I'm abroad and won't let me into my account. Please save me and my ears from listening to horrible music.

Hey @Sea_chong and @RyanMcNally, welcome to the community!

Take a look at I can't change the country in my account!, follow the steps listed. If the steps don't help, just contact Customer support here

If you receive a "no-reply" e-mail directing your back to the community, just reply to it and you'll be connected to an agent that'll be more than happy to assist you! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

@Sea_chong - I'm afraid Spotify is not available in Thailand so you won't be able to use Spotify there.

Peter

Getting the same error here as well. User name johanvincent

@Armin_Tamzarian - What country are you in?

Peter

Suggested posts