Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

Thanks for your help, Peter. 

It's okay. PREMIUM is a good service, just a bit dear for me. Unlimited would have suited me well.

God bless

I used spotify in italy, then i went in usa for 3 weeks.I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the Italy, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad!!! Please help me

If your country is definitely set correctly on your online profile, can you try a clean reinstallation of the application?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ok now it works on windows but i haven't solved on an android mobile phone! 

Screenshot_2014-01-14-23-17-43.png

Have you tried reinstalling that app and restarting the device?

Peter

Hey! I am having the same problem here. I lived for 6 months in France, but when i came back in Spain i am not able to change my country in my profile, and i am not able to use Spotify...why?

today i tried everything but nothing worked, on windows and on android, wtf!

Can someone change my country in my profile, i'm italian and i'm in italy now...I can't do it!

If you are having issues getting the country on your online profile changed, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi Community,

I have the same issue as the above friends. I had spotify first installed at my work computer and, although I live in Portugal, my proxy server is at bulgaria... now the spotify app at the ipad and iphone says that I can no longer enter as I used spotidy abroad for 14 days now!

Where can I get in on my Spotify so that I can change the country?

At preferences I have on the proxy field auto-detect... shall I change that to any other thing so that the ipad and iphone apps restart to work properly?

Many thanks!

You just need to login from an IP address in the same country as registered in your online profile to reset the timer or change the country there to Portugal if you are going to use it outside of work more often. 

Peter

Hi Peter,

I cannot because I am not in Bulgaria, my proxy server is... When I enter the profile page it does not allow me to change Bulgaria to anything else.

Can somebody do that remotely?

Thanx,

Do you think it is better to delete my profile totally - the one linked with my facebook - so that I can install spotify first on my ipad (server is Portuguese - BTW is there Spotify in Portugal? Maybe I can register for Premium... where do I see the prices for that?) and then bring the app to the work computer... What do you think? I just want to be able to use my spotify sniff sniff 😞

@Peter wrote:

If you are having issues getting the country on your online profile changed, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Just follow these instructions that Peter posted earlier and one of our friendly advisors will help.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I'm getting the same message. I lived in France and now I'm back in the US and it no longer works

Is your country set as USA on your profile?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

Im getting this same issue. I created the account in Australia and when i came home to New Zealand i changed my country to suit, but now its saying i have to upgrade my account to contine using it. How can i fix this??

Strange, have you tried a reinstallation of the app? 

Peter

Yup, tried reinstalling it a few times and still get the same problem when i sign into my account

Hi

I have this same issue. User trevevs73  Im in aus vodafone but cant run spoty on my iphone, dont think Ive used spot abroad at all.  Why put this restriction on anyway?  Seems to cause more bother than its worth..

cheers

@trevevs73 - Is your country set correctly here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

Suggested posts