Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert VIP
kardworx
Accepted Solution

Spotify without Facebook

[ Edited ]

I am on right now because the only option was to sign in using my facebook account. I have zero desire to attach the two accounts, especially as I was planning on using Spotify premium. My money my choice. Is there a way to create a spotify account without using one's facebook account?? It is crazy they would lose users this way. I spent an age looking for a way to do this, can someone please give me some help?

Gig Goer
Izzy88

Re: Spotify without Facebook

Unfortunately, you can not  create a Spotify account by itself apart from Facebook.  This has caused outrage in the community and even though many users have made it clear that they will be canceling their accounts if Spotify doesn't change it they still won't budge. I recently decided to delete my Facebook account and was forced to cancel my premium Spotify account because of it. I'm going back to Pandora. I suggest that you do the same.

Concert VIP
kardworx

That is interesting.  Is Spotify owned by FB?

Gig Goer
Izzy88

Not that I know of, but I'm sure they get a **bleep** ton of money to to exclusivly sync their accounts with FB, Think about it, anyone who wants to use Spotify (a service which I love btw) Is forced to create a facebook account if they don't already have one (which I hate). There are literally thousands of comments on Spotify forums of people protesting this decision but Spotify has pretty much given us all the middle finger. It won't change until enough people (like me) cancel their premium subscriptions and Spotify decides it's losing enough money to change. If/when they do allow us to have an account without FB I'll be back in a heartbeat. Until then, I'm out. This is bull**bleep**.

Sam

Hey guys,

Just to clarify - No, Spotify is not owned or paid by Facebook. 

The idea behind the integration is to make your Spotify experience smoother and easier, with one less password and username to remember.

We do genuinely listen, if you'd like to suggest it as an Idea in this Community, please do so. Just head to 'Ideas and Feedback'.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Community Legend
SteveBrammer

[ Edited ]

Yeah Sam, How's that working out for you? It would appear obvious to anyone that the Facebook integration is not making the experience smoother or easier, either for your customers or for you guys in support. In fact you guys in support seem to do nothing else these days apart from answer queries about problems with Facebook integration, much to the detriment of all the other queries here in the community.

For those wishing to protest, there is already an 'Idea' logged here... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas-and-Feedback/Not-to-be-forced-into-just-Facebook/idi-p...

Community Legend
SteveBrammer

Just to be perfectly clear, I am not 100% against the Facebook integration. It would be fine, if it actually worked and had been thought through properly, but it doesn't and it wasn't. It was obviously rushed, no doubt for political reasons, and now you poor guys in support are having to pick up the pieces.

I am more angry and irritated at the amount of time it's taking your developers to fix this, and the amount of your time in support that is being taking up by this when you could be answering other more pertinent queries that are currently getting ignored, than I am by the idea of Facebook integration.
Music Fan
DJ11726

The only true problem i have atm with the fb integration is the inability to make my spotify username something other than a bunch of numbers

Concert VIP
kardworx

It is my understanding a huge chunk of the members of this community have already suggested this. If you were in the US you would know there is a strong push against FB and their lack of commitment to privacy. I will take my money elsewhere. I do not wish to deal with a company like yours. I would ALWAYS be set private. It is no one's business but mine what I listen to. 

Concert VIP
kardworx

This is not about facebook integration (maybe to you guys it is). It is about a lack of options. I am not a customer and based on the contents of this thread never will be.  I want total privacy. A user name I have chosen. No connection to FB at all. I really mean none at all. But thanks for posting.

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.