Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred Playlist Gone

Solved!

Starred Playlist Gone

Hi,

I just realized that my starred playlist is incomplete. For some reason it saved songs that I added from 12 days ago but all the ones that I've been staring since I got Spotify are gone. I think they're about 70 songs or so. Is there anything that can be done?? Any help at all would be awesome!

Thanks!

160 Replies

I ve lost all of my Playlists AGAIN ! 

Spotify please fix it ! 

MM

If all of your playlists are gone its normally because you have signed into a duplicate account rather than the playlists being deleted. Are you definitely logging in using the correct details? Its easy to have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@kaskader112 -- how many tracks are you missing? You currently have 113 Starred tracks on your account from our end, so they should all be showing.

Are they missing entirely for you or showing as loading...?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi. I´ve lost my starred playlist a couple a weeks ago. I cant find them anywhere! I have all my other playlists, but not the starred one. It was between 700-800 starred songs, so it would be great if someone could help me. It happened when a Kid went berserk on my keyboard.

@kaareh81 If you use the contact form, the account team should be able to restore your starred list. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Will do. Thanks for the reply.

Wow! Thanks for the suggestion @kaareh81 That was opened February 2013. Whoa.

Hey spotify, i just received the newest update which changed the player on my PC quite a bit. I transferred all my songs under my starred playlist to the new "songs" tab under "your music." When i started the player up later on, none of my music was under either playlist and it was nearly 2000 songs. Is there any way it can all be recovered?

If you log out of spotify then log back in, is everything still missing? Just so you know for the future, we think there is a bug if too many tracks (over 500) are added to Songs in one operation.

If restarting spotify didn't bring your tracks back, get in touch here and ask them to restore your starred playlist. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Nope still don't have any songs in either spot. I guess i'll have to hope they can restore the old starred playlist. 

Thanks

They can - don't worry 🙂

I see my spotify has changed to the new black..which i'm diggin it. However, i can't find my starred playlist. I never created playlist i just starred the songs and shuffle played...did I lose all my starred songs? i had well over a thousand! 😞

Starring songs simply added them to a playlist called starred. Go through your playlists and you should find it is still there. Normally it appears as the first playlist but you may have moved it or put it in a playlist folder.

can't get any help at all with the same issue. Please please restore my starred playlist. I'm a lost soul without it.

@shish22 Did you use the contact form? Did you receive any reply at all? Is your email address correct on this page?

I've tried a couple times now but haven't heard anything back. and my email address is correct on here. I think this new spotify update really ruined everything unfortunately.

You didn't even receive an automated reply? Did you check your spam/junk folders?

Yeah, as of today the songs I am "starring" (or rather, since the update, "checking" ...or whatever) aren't being stored on my starred playlist. I'm using the radio function to find new music and was kind of horrified to find that none of the songs I checked had been saved. Help?

Do they not appear in the "Songs" tab?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I added a song to a playlist this morning. Now just like an hour later i got back to listen to it, the playlist is gone. I have no idea what happened to it. Can you help? Is it called "eletronica". I really dont was to redo it. It is also a playlist i had downloaded on my phone for offline use and it is gone off my phone as well. FYI i mostly use my desktop app and that is what i used to add that song this morning.

Suggested posts