Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starred songs deleted

Solved!

Starred songs deleted

Hey. 

My starred songs where suddenly deleted and som new had been added that i don't recognize. Have my pc or account been hacked? The titles added where "blackberry mms" "best romantic sms" "beet-box" "attractive sms" "airport message" 7 days ago...Please check that out for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

I seem to have a similar problem...when I logged on to spotify this morning all of my starred songs were gone (over 300)
I don't know what happened, I haven't done anything to my account recently or changed anything.

Liz

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@epsimko wrote:

yes

How many tracks is it you're missing at the moment? I can see that 72 tracks were restored to your Starred list yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Marked as solution

@dwarreltje wrote:

Hi guys!

I accidently deleted all my favourite/starred songs. :'( Could you please restore this list for me (around 800!! songs).

Thanks thanks thanks a lot in advance!  

I took a quick look at your account and can see 816 starred tracks there atm. How many are showing up right now?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

33 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Community.

I've had a play around with your account and undone some of the recent changes. Everything should be back to normal now.

Let me know if you need further help.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Marked as solution

Hello,

I seem to have a similar problem...when I logged on to spotify this morning all of my starred songs were gone (over 300)
I don't know what happened, I haven't done anything to my account recently or changed anything.

Liz

Hey lizabix, welcome to the Community.

I've just looked up your account and it appears to have 2463 starred tracks on it at the moment. Could I be looking at the wrong one?

Can Spotify tell me why my favorite artist music has been deleted completely from Spotify and I'm very sad 😞 

@12forsaken wrote:

Can Spotify tell me why my favorite artist music has been deleted completely from Spotify and I'm very sad 😞 

Do you mean you've lost a playlist, or the artist has disappeared from Spotify? Ocassionally content will be taken down off Spotify for any number of reasons, and we always do our best to get it back asap in that case.

Hi David. My starred list had been deleted but i still have all my play lists! Would there be a way to get them back as i had hundreds!! Thanks 🙂

Spoiler

I think i already posted but it hasnt shown up 😕 My starred list also deleted but all my playlists are still there. Would there be a way to get them back? Thanls 😄

How about now, Jess?

I hundreds of songs starred and then i disconnected from fb and they are all gone. also spotify like updated or something without telling me, becaus it looks different. PLEASE HELP I HAD A LOT STARRED

my starred songs have been deleted!! where are they?

hey, all my starred songs and playlists have been deleted. spotify broke down when i logged into someone else computor, and just wiped everything. could you have a look and see if you can find my old music for me. it happened around the 20th of may. thank you.

@allisonhanly75 wrote:

hey, all my starred songs and playlists have been deleted. spotify broke down when i logged into someone else computor, and just wiped everything. could you have a look and see if you can find my old music for me. it happened around the 20th of may. thank you.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like your account has been merged with someone elses meaning your playlists will be in limbo in the system somewhere. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to recover them for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

All of my starred tracks were deleted when I logged in this morning. Not sure what happened. Is there any way to get them back?

Edit: weird now they're all back.

Hello, I have a similar problem to this. For some reason when I logged back into spotify my whole starred list was gone. I dont know if i accidentally deleted it (I dont think I did) but is their anyway to fix it?

@epsimko wrote:

Hello, I have a similar problem to this. For some reason when I logged back into spotify my whole starred list was gone. I dont know if i accidentally deleted it (I dont think I did) but is their anyway to fix it?

Are all of your other playlists still there (if you had others)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes

Marked as solution

@epsimko wrote:

yes

How many tracks is it you're missing at the moment? I can see that 72 tracks were restored to your Starred list yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

its fixed thank you!

Suggested posts