Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still being charged, account cancelled

Still being charged, account cancelled

My Premium service was revoked without my knowledge and all of my playlists were deleted, so according to my account now I am currently under the Free service. I submitted a help ticket. Confirmation of receipt of that help ticket hit my inbox on July 30. What I received in that email was instructions to go to the help page to find the answer to my problem, but there really was no way of solving it without continued communication with any staff, which I have not received. So, I input another request. Confirmation of receipt on the part of Spotify is pending. No emails have hit my inbox, and I have checked spam.

My bank account lists a charge of $9.99 from Spotify on July 16 and one charge for $9.99 on August 18 meaning that when I submitted a help ticket I was charged for the period of 7/16 through 8/17, and much of that time was spent without the services, I am paying for apparently. And, though I have submitted help tickets, not much actual assistance has arisen from them. I also called the number for Spotify listed on my bank statement (is that number even available on Spotify's website?) and I was directed back to the community forum. This all just very frustrating. I don't want to be paying for a service I am not receiving. I don't want this to keep continuing. This is very frustrating and has been a month long process.

Is this something that Spotify is alerting to its customers on its twitter page, because at least given the preponderence of this matter on the community forum, there needs to be greater transparency for the whole of Spotify's user base whether paying for Premium subscriptions or not? 

Case Number 01657250

3 Replies

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation.

You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, open a new case at the link below then reply directly to the automated confirmation email and that will ensure your case reaches an adviser. 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I logged out of it and logged back in using my other facebook account and then I logged in via facebook to spotify and it didn't work again. Then I logged out of spotify again and logged into my personal facebook and logged back into spotify again and I'm still not able to access the premium service spotify is still trying to access funds out of my bank account for. I want a refund of the months without access which began in July per the first email I submitted through the spotify contact us form. After that I want my subscription to end. I'm very upset at the process.

Hey colomasm,

I've just taken a look, and I can see that my colleague got back to you on the 10th of September with a solution/explination as to what has happened. Could you please double check your inbox/spam folders?

Suggested posts