Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount

Student Discount

I am being charged 10.94 each month despite putting in that I go to Emory University. Does anyone know how to get the student discount for spotify premium? (I thought it was 4.99)/do you think they will refund the extra money being charged?

9 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. You'll need your old account deleted for the discount to take effect. I don't know if they will backdate the discount, but don't believe they will. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

You just need to cancel your current subscription following the steps here:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

Then resubscribe using your student discount link. Annoyingly the system won't let you change the price of an already running subscription. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having similar issues with the discount nt being applied to my account, I have contacted spotify support, they answered last week telling me the discount was applied, not true, I checked my account profile and it shows the $10 charge, if i cancel my current subscription and re-open it, won't i loose all my playlists?

The only thing you will lose on cancelling your subscription are any offline playlists - you'll need to redownload them. Alternatively, email spotify support again and I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Thank you for your answer, I have e-mailed spotify support 5 times, and got nothing but total silence, not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement!!!!!

There's a catch 22, you may be unaware of. If you received an automated response sending you back here, you need to reply to it and someone will usually get back to you within 24 hours. They can be slow if there's a lot going on but they're pretty fair so, if you feel you have overpaid, do take it up with them please.

I guarantee you it was not an automated response, I got answers from 2 different individuals, the last one assured me the discount had been applied to my account, i went on-line to check only to find out it was a lie, replied to said last individual 3 times....still no answer from him....

any case #'s ?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Did you try my steps about to cancel and resubscribe?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts