Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switched from webplayer to desktop app and lost everything

Switched from webplayer to desktop app and lost everything

Today, after using the web player for the last 9 months or so, I downloaded the desktop app. I have now lost everything, my playlists, my artists listened to, my followers/followed people, and Spotify won't update which artists I've listened to. This is affecting both my desktop app and my web player. I've tried disconnecting my profile from facebook, signing out, signing in, and everything else that's been suggested in other forums. Any help would be much appreciated!

5 Replies

When you first logged into the web player, did you use Facebook?

How did you login to the desktop client? You should've used your Facebook email address and password - does this work?

If not, you should contact customer services using the Support Form and they'll look into your accounts. If you get an automated reply directing you to the community, just reply to it (even if it is from a no-reply email).

Liam

I first logged in to the web player without Facebook, but I did at some later point. I think I have the dreaded 2 account problem, because I've tried signing in both ways, and niether work (as far as my playlists and artists listened to info goes) in either the web player or desktop app.

I think I'll send something along to the support form. Thanks for the tips!

Hey there!

I did a bit of exploring and found another account which no longer works registered to your email address. I've now transferred across all playlists and Starred tracks to the newer account - have the missing playlists now returned?
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi Jamie. Yes! The playlists are back! But... the desktop app still doesn't keep track of what I'm listening to and my profile still only shows 2 recently listened to artists, even after listening to the playlists. Haven't checked the web player yet.

It can take a while for your profile to update the recently listened to artists, especially after using the desktop app for the first time.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts