Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching Facebook Accounts

Solved!

Switching Facebook Accounts

I signed up for Spotify via my Facebook account. I'm going to have that Facebook account deleted and create a new one. I'd like to change the Facebook account my Spotify account is connected to so I don't lose my playlists. Is this possible?

Alternately, if I made a new Spotify account, could I somehow grab copies of the playlists from the old account, such as by exporting my playlists from the old account and import them in the new account, or by otherwise grabbing them?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it isn't that easy. If your Spotify account was created using Facebook it is forever tied to that Facebook account. 

If you want to get transferrred over, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you set up. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I want to do the exact same thing. I really hope transfering accounts is possible.

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, it isn't that easy. If your Spotify account was created using Facebook it is forever tied to that Facebook account. 

If you want to get transferrred over, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you set up. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Thanks for the response and help!

I have contacted spotify and am still awaiting a response i was wondering how the matter was resolved. Or weather i just have to go through spotify to resolve this matter. I currently have my spotify on my boyfriends facebook and i dont even know how ive done this. (:

@Bee1 - Do you have your own Spotify account that wasn't created using his Facebook?

Peter

Suggested posts