Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Premium to Family

Switching from Premium to Family

Hello,

I have a Premium account that I pay for myself.

My dad also has his own premium account. Now that the family option is available however he made the suggestion that he could be an administrator and I could be one of his family accounts, therefore letting him pay.

Since I am obviously very interested in that offer ( 😄 ) I would like to know if I am able to switch from my Premium account to a family account right away or if i have to cancel my Premium membership first and wait until my account becomes a "free account" again to accept the family invite.

Help, anyone?

3 Replies

Hey @ThatEpicDude 

Thanks for posting in the Spotify community. Hope you find all the answers you need. 🙂

First of all, have you checked the steps detailed here? They should explain how to deal with changing the subscription over. However, should you require further assistance with the subscription, please reach out to our contact form here and let us know the 8 digit case #.

We'll make sur ethat one of the accounts team get on top of things for you. 🙂

Hi there!

If your father will be the administrator of Spotify Family, you must cancel your Spotify Premium, if you don't cancel it, you won't be able to accept the invitation of your father.

OviiiOne is correct on this one, the administrator can covert to Spotify family from an existing subscription but accounts being invited must be on Spotify Free to accept the invitation.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts