Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching payment from FR-based to CA-based Paypal account keeps talking in EUR

Switching payment from FR-based to CA-based Paypal account keeps talking in EUR

As a French citizen, Canadian resident, I kept my Spotify account registered with my French billing information, while I'm using it in Canada.

Currently, I'm charged on my French Paypal account for my monthly Premium subscription, 10 EUR (VAT inc.).

As recent news seems indicate that Spotify is preparing its introduction to Canada, I've tried to modify my billing information to charge my Canadian Paypal account. It worked as expected, announcing a 11.29 CAD monthly subscription fee.

However, https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/ (and whatever country else than "us") keeps talking in EUR instead of CAD:

"Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed 2014-07-26 and charged 9.99 EUR + 1.30 EUR Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time."

I believe it's a bug, and will be soon fixed. If anyone can confirm my monthly subscription fee didn't increase of 1.30 EUR a month, it'd make me even more happy!

Thanks

1 Reply

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

As your current month was paid for with a French payment method, I believe this is why you are currently seeing this message on your account subscription page.

When your card renews you should be charged in CAD rather than EUR, however, keep an eye on this after your renewal date and, if you notice you are still being charged in Euros, please get in touch using our online form and one of our support team will be happy to help further.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts