Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

T-Mobile billing no longer accepted as a payment option?

Solved!

T-Mobile billing no longer accepted as a payment option?

Last night I was listening to Spotify just fine (with Premium) and I woke this morning to find my Premium gone. I tried to re upgrade to Premium because I noticed I was never charged for it this month, and the after selecting carrier billing as my payment option and putting in my T-Mobile US phone number, it says that Spotify is not available for T-Mobile? I have been using carrier billing since I started using Spotify and I can't really pay with any other method. This isnt just me is it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Happened to me just now. I  think TMobile has discontinued allowing customers to pay for Spotify through their phone service. You have to log into your Spotify and register with a credit card in order to keep your premium. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I was cut off from Spotify T mobile carrier billing today as well. Sucks, I don't know how to fix this.  

I haven't seen any updates which would point to this being removed anywhere. 

I suggest you open a case with the payments team directly using the online contact form and see what they say, although they may point the finger at Boku since they seem to be a completely separate payments business. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My Spotify was also cut off without notice. I called the help number and they said that T-Mobile no longer accepts carrier billing so everyone's subscription was canceled. It would have been nice for Spotify (or I guess Boku since they were the biller) to send everyone a notice instead of just canceling subscriptions with no explanation.

yeah this sucks.  i turn on the app one morning to find out that i'm no longer a premium member.  and then i try to add it back on via the Apple's App store and discover that it's 5$ more.  WTF.

with no heads up from Spotify, Boku, or T-Mobile they're all to blame... no matter who's fault it is.

Marked as solution

Happened to me just now. I  think TMobile has discontinued allowing customers to pay for Spotify through their phone service. You have to log into your Spotify and register with a credit card in order to keep your premium. 

Marked as solution

Unfortunately it looks like this is probably out of Spotify's hands!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You know, the fact that we were all just dropped from premium to free with no warnings or notifications really is disappointing to say the least. I adored spotify premium, it was the only music app I ever needed. I realize that its Boku that I should be upset with. Unfortunately, I will no longer use spotify because if I cant have premium then its not worth it to me. This after we finally get to stream all the music we want without incurring data charges with tmobile.....what a shame.

Heres what I did......

I started searching and I found RHAPSODY.  Rhapsody has a special thing going for tmobile users and get this....you can pay using your tmobile billing account to pay for premium! Although not as pretty as spotify, you can do the same things that you could on spotify. One downside, Rhapsody has no EQ for android right now. They are however working on it and preparing an update that will include the EQ. It was a compatibility issue with the newest Android OS. I just downloaded a seperate app for the EQ and that was that. I apologize to spotify for recommending another app but the way we were all just dropped was so upsetting and for people like me that dont have use of a credit card, its my only option. Unless boku and tmobile decide to accept payments via tmobile accounts again, I will not be using spotify. I cant believe they just dropped us like that. Unreal.  Hope this helps with everyones disappointment.

I have the same issue! I've been using spotify for a really long time. I winded up switching to google play and they support carrier billing for people with androids. Not apple. I unfortunally have an iPhone so I have to pay monthly so Now I'm out of music! 😞 I hope someone figures this out soon

Suggested posts