Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried to buy student discount, wouldn't go through?

Tried to buy student discount, wouldn't go through?

Hello, I signed up for Student Discount Spotify  (with my school as Penn State, where I currently attend) about three weeks ago, and three days later I still didn't have Premium. So I tried again, and waited another couple of days, still nothing. So I sent in a support ticket, waited a few days, nothing. I've sent two support tickets now, and have waited a week since my latest and gotten nothing back. I can't find a phone number to call to actually get service. All I want is to be able to purchase this Spotify Premium! 😞 Where do I proceed from here?

12 Replies

Have you got the 8-digit case number from the last time you got in touch? I can ask someone to check it out for you.

When going through the subscription process, do you get any error messages?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The eight-digit number was # 01905771. There weren't any error messages, or anything to make me think the process shouldn't have completed. I did notice that I didn't get any receipts, but that was the only thing 'off' about it aside from the fact that it didn't go through.

@untraceably - Before I raise this, just checking in if you got a reply or not?

Peter

@Peter, no reply yet. 😞

Asking someone to check it out now for you, apologies for the delay.

Peter

@Peter, I just got an e-mail about it but it was very strange and I'm not 100% sure it was from a legit source? They called me by the incorrect name and claimed I had two accounts, one attached to the e-mail they reached me on and one attached to a different e-mail I've never seen and hooked up to my facebook, which I've never done?

Not sure how to proceed, it seems shady to me.

What email address did it come from? And what was the name of the adviser and I can double check for you?

Facebook duplicate accounts even if you were not aware of it are annoyingly common.

Peter

I know that Facebook does that sort of obnoxious stuff sometimes, but the e-mail they said I used with "my Facebook account" wasn't even my e-mail - it was similar to my e-mail but with an extra letter, and I guess he assumed it was mine because of that? But it has 23 playlists and I only just started my Spotify account a month ago, there's no way I have more than 5. Also, the e-mail called me Laurie? I don't even know a Laurie, and my correct name is on the one Spotify account I actually have. :x

It came from support@spotify.com which I guess is legit, it was just such a jarringly buggy e-mail. Andres was the adviser's name.

Hmmm it is possible they are seeing an incorrect account.

Could you post the 8-digit case number from the email (it's normally in the subject) and I will pass it over to someone to double check for you?

Peter

I don't know which of these it would be, but the subject line includes:

[ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0jXM9y:ref ]

That will hopefully do the trick, I'm passing this over to Spotify now for you.

Peter

Hey @untraceably  I confirm that email was from our team but I've let them know that second Facebook account isn't yours.

You should have email from them again shortly--they can help resolve the rest of this issue for you. Thanks for getting in touch via the Community for your question! Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Suggested posts