Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Tessu

Twitch and Spotify?

Hi.

If I understand correctly you cant play Spotify music while livestreaming games in Twitch.

So Im wondering why this one guy in Twitch, name Kungentv, can play Spotify all day long while over 5000 people are listening him. I tought Spotify was personal lisence only.

Twitch support says that you cant play Spotify while livestreaming. So whats the deal here? Does Kungentv have some special license or whats going on?

"Spotify is currently only licensed for personal, non-commercial use. Streaming games with a wider audience and using Spotify to provide a soundtrack would not be possible under the current terms and conditions."

Spotify
David

Re: Twitch and Spotify?

[ Edited ]

Spotify is indeed only licensed for personal use, and wouldn't be licensed for use in live streams. We have no special licenses available, so this user would be using Spotify outside of his terms and conditions. 

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
igotsdmunchies

there is a streamer on twitch there making money off accepting "donations" for song request using your service. Laced_Up_Lauren is there stream name

Peter
Kudos: 12,359
Solutions: 3,389
I'm a Community Rock Star

igotsdmunchies wrote:

there is a streamer on twitch there making money off accepting "donations" for song request using your service. Laced_Up_Lauren is there stream name

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form with this information and they can then decide on what is the best course of action to take. Spotify do take breaches in the terms very seriously. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.