Music Fan
caitvargas
Accepted Solution

Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Hello,

So I had one free account linked from my Facebook page. I hated that it kept sharing all the music I was listening to on my Facebook page so I removed that setting. Once I did that, Spotify seemed to create another acount for me that was not connected to Facebook. This is where I created multiple playlists. 

Now I have two accounts and I would love them to be merged. Can someone help me with that?

Thanks!

Peter
Kudos: 11,196
Solutions: 3,124

Re: Two Spotify Accounts - Can you merge them

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You should be able to do this by yourself. 

Be sure you are logged into your Spotify (non-Facebook) account, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Connect To Facebook and log in with your Facebook details. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

rfr
Music Fan
rfr

Hi, I have a similar problem. I created an account at work, and then a personal one for home. I would now like to merge the 2 accounts, and have just thw 1. Is there anyway this can be done?

Music Lover
suedehead0

I have this problem too!  I supposedly merged my free, FB-associated account and my premium, non-FB-associated account from my desktop client, but i can still see my free FB-associated account floating around (because I have friends who are following it).  How can I delete it?  I've logged into it on spotify web and gone into the account pages, but I'm not given an option to deactivate the account. 

Peter

@suedehead0 - Can you try going to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network in the desktop client whilst logged in using your Spotify username and try and disconnect and reconnect to Facebook? 

It should definitely merge those accounts for you. 

If not - get in touch with support and they can do it for you :) 

Peter

Peter

Music Lover
suedehead0

Thanks Peter - I did try that, but I think because the email addresses are different, they won't merge.  I've contact support -- hoping they can just go in and nix that other account. :)

Thanks again for your help!

Gig Goer

I've got two Facebook connected accounts, one with my old FB profile and the other with the new facebook profile.

How can i migrate my old account data to my new account?  

the new account is premium, the old one is now a free account. 

Peter

Get in touch using the link I posted above and an adviser will be able to lend a hand to do that for you.

Peter

Music Lover
mkay42484

I've tried all of these tips and then some, and tried contacting Spotify support twice and have had no luck. Anyone have any steps/advice that I may be missing here? I've even changed my Facebook password and used the new one to log in to Spotify with and without Facebook credentials but nothing is working. This is so frustrating! and the fact that Spotify won't answer support tickets is equally frustrating. Any help appreciated!

Joe

Is your correct email address showing in your account profile? Have you checked your spam/junk mail folders? They're pretty good normally so this is odd................did you not even receive the automated acknowledgements?

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.