Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two accounts have merged together somehow, and it's a problem.

Solved!

Two accounts have merged together somehow, and it's a problem.

Hey there-

So my friend Bree logs into her non-premium Spotify via Facebook.

Her friend Royi logins into his premium Spotify via email.

Royi accidently connected Bree's Facebook to his account, and then the accounts got merged. All of Bree's playlists were replaced with Royi's, and when he logs into his account with his email, he logs her out!

Original account: Bree.riley@gmail.com

Premium Account that merged with it: Royi88

Any help?

edit:typos

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No, that only happened once.

Here's how that went down.

Royi had his computer plugged into a stereo.

Bree wanted to use her spotify. So instead of logging out then logging in with her FB, she connected her Facebook by mistake to Royi.

Since then Royi has severed the connection, and they have never share devices since.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Have you tried delinking the account from facebook? You can find some good instructions on how to do that here.

If that doesn't really work, using this Contact Form will alert someone at Spotify. If you receive an automated message that says do not reply, reply anyways.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

Hey,

Not seeing "Social Networks" category in Preferences.

It may be under a different subtitle. I signed up with Facebook, so I cant disconnect, but I assume it is now "Activity Sharing" or something like that.

~Soli Deo Gloria~
* If you see a single asterisk like before this sentence, it most likely denotes sarcasm.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Classical Musicians Unite!

So we've tried to disconnect all facebook connections, and it works for a few days, but then they start to merge again.

Example: Bree has her name, but get's Royi's picture

Are they using the same devices? Annoyingly, Spotify will merge accounts if you log in on the same device. For example I have seen it before where logging in using a Spotify username on an iPad will connect that Spotify account to the Facebook account logged into the Facebook app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter-

That's actually how it all happened, she signed into her Facebook on his machine one time, and this has been the issue since then.

They have both disconnected Facebook from their accounts, but they're still merged.

Any ideas?

Seems like a really odd bug. 

The fact that after disconnecting Facebooks, it still comes back. 

Are you still sharing devices? If you are it will probably just continue to automatically connect each time you disconnect.

Peter

Marked as solution

No, that only happened once.

Here's how that went down.

Royi had his computer plugged into a stereo.

Bree wanted to use her spotify. So instead of logging out then logging in with her FB, she connected her Facebook by mistake to Royi.

Since then Royi has severed the connection, and they have never share devices since.

Okay weird.

So Bree JUST opened Spotify again, and it said to her, "there's an error someone else is using this account" She hit okay and it brought her to a weird green landing page in the desktop application and asked "Are you new? or are you Royi88?"

She hit "I'm New" and then setup a new account with Facebook, and a new account was made.

This is odd because she had tried to make a new account, but couldn't because her FB already had one.

Someone at Spotify must have deleted Bree's account, she lost her playlists, but is happy because she's free from Royi!

Hi everyone,

So weirdly enough, the same thing happened to me and my brother.

His account is thowe15453 and mine is connected to my facebook. He created a new account on our shared family iPad while I was logged in on Facebook, so now are accounts are morphed together.

The twist in all of this is that my old account is now a random account without a username, only a number: 1246189607.

I've tried having him disconnect his account from my facebook, but even when I signed in to post here, my picture came up with his username: thowe15453, and my old playlist, which ironically our morphed account is following, is still under the 1246189607 account.

Anyone have any ideas?

@gabriellediane - Your Facebook has become connected to the new account, meaning your *real* Spotify account tied to your Facebook will have been lost in the login system. 

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back up and running. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Suggested posts