Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

US Student Premium discounts

US Student Premium discounts

Hi I tried to follow the steps here: https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-I-get-the-us-student-discount-if-i-have-premi...

Upon clicking "Get Premium" I see:

It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

I am a student in a US University.

3 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form. You should be able to provide alternate methods of verification there. 

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

How do you currently pay for your subscription (assuming you are already on Premium)? The student discount is only valid when paying by monthly recurring payments using a credit/debit card or PayPal.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I used a US Credit Card. I've contacted Spotify directly and am waiting for their response. If it's a generic problem (not a problem with just my own account), I'll share their solution here. 

Suggested posts