Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country from USA to Canada

Unable to change country from USA to Canada

Hi there,

I started using Spotify when I was travelling to the USA and really enjoyed using the service. I currently live in Canada, and recently received an invite to start using Spotify in Canada. When I logged back into my account, I am unable to change country from USA to Canada because the dropdown is disabled. Furthermore, whenever I try to add a new payment method for Canada, the website refuses and takes me back to my profile page.

I filed a contact form to the customer services team on Aug 17 (Case # 01716387) and have not heard back. Is anyone here able to help me out? I would really appreciate it if I can start using Spotify in Canada.

Best,

John

42 Replies

I also can't change my country code. 

We're having the same problem here, you can check that link -> http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Web-Player/cannot-change-country/m-p/983395#M8422

Nobody's gotten back to me yet. Not impressed, Spotify...

Had you filled the contact form?

Yes, on Wednesday. And yes, I've checked my spam folders

It's odd... Let me see what can I do...

You can try filling again the contact form...

Edit:
I contacted with a moderator, she maybe can help you.
Please, be patient.

My wife and I both are locked into USA accounts even though we signed up in Canada through spotify.ca when the Canadian site opened up.  After a trial period we are both locked out now, and there is no way to change the country code from USA to Canada.

I opened Spotify Case #02042297 about it, got a completely useless generic reply telling me to check the FAQs and the forums.

Can't change my USA account to Canada, Spotify Case # 02074859:

Thanks!

CC

Hi @CoreyCaplan and @jcla,

Have you both replied to the automated e-mail? If not, reply to it and an employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

In case you already did that then let me know.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

You mean replying to the no-reply email address? I'll do it, but I have my doubts...

Yes you need to reply to it. Then a employee of Spotify will get you back as son as possible.

Exactly 😉

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

@goldstar1613 wrote:

You mean replying to the no-reply email address? I'll do it, but I have my doubts...

Hello! 

We're very sorry for the delay here.

I can see the country on your account has already been changed to Canada; is everything OK now?

Hello!

I was able to change the billing info to Canadian, but I am unable to change my country in the account profile...

If you could, please change it for me from US to Canada.

Thanks!

Hi @anisbendekhil !

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we don't work at Spotify, you must contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

I have this problem as well.

and i found that, users can only change their country to USA from any other countries, but not able to change to country other than USA

it will say Spotify doesn't exist in your countryeven though Spotify actually supports in that country

i have the same problem but i never changed country lol. i have no email or whatever, it just changed like that, it's locked to USA.

i am having the same problem and it wont let me use spotify canada

Having the same issue. Seems like an awful process that you are unable to select your county at sign-up and are forced to go through this process to have someone at Spotify change it for you after the fact.

Having the same issue.. Lived in the UK for 4 months, now back in the USA and it's telling me I'm still abroad. My IP address and everything is correct but it won't let me change from GB, profile services aren't working. Already contacted customer service... No reply.  

Any help? Please?

Suggested posts