Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change location

Unable to change location

Hello,

I have the following problem: I recently moved from Belgium to Austria and cannot connect to Spotify anymore, because I need to change my location. In order to do that, I am required to fill in the details of an Austrian visa/mastercard (as far as I have understood) - something which I don't possess. Is there a way out of it? NB: I have tried to register visas from other countries, but they are not accepted.

38 Replies

bipar19 - Are you logging in from the USA? Or are you currently abroad?

If you're in the USA, are you using an internet proxy? If so, it might be fooling the Spotify servers to believe you're another country. 

I have the same problem, when I downloaded spotify I was in US now I came back to PR and spotify doesnt work anymore. 

""Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account"

Hi adriana11 -  I'm afraid we don't support national territories such as Puerto Rico at the moment. Currently there are just some technical and legal restrictions stopping us from doing so.

If there are any changes or updates regarding Puerto Rico they'll be announced on the Spotify Blog first.

Having the same problem, need to change location from Norway to Singapore...

TypEnkelt - Currently Singapore is not one of our support countries. 

Any updates regarding this will be posted on the Spotify Blog first: http://www.spotify.com/blog/

However, users that are Unlimited/ Premium customers in a supported country (like Norway) should be able to travel to Singapore with Spotify no problem. 

Ok, so my friends that had spotify when they moved here from Norway CAN use it, but since I purchased it down here I CAN'T? Kinda feel like I should get my money back.

Hi TypEnkelt - It seems you were able to upgrade to Premium while in Norway? Are you not receiving that service already? 

I believe you're experiencing the same issue as these users: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/My-Spotify-Premium-is-not-activating/m-p...

Please get in touch via our contact form so we can lend a hand. 

So what I've tried now is to log on as a "norwegian" user via a VPN server, but when i go back to my real singaporean IP-address i have the same problems.. any suggestions? 

Same here ... i will now live an half a year in sweden for my masterthesis and i am not able to update my country 😞

I recently moved from Spain back to the US. I've changed my location to the US with no problem, but some songs won't play because it says: "This track is currently not available in Spain." I'm not in Spain. My location isn't listed as Spain. What's the deal?

Are you certain that you changed your location to the US? If so, when? It may take some time for the servers to "see" the change. Also, have you re-installed the client? Give it a go as this may help.

I am also having the same issue.

I would like to change my location from Australia to the USA but my visa is registered with an Australian address.

How can I do this?

Thanks

@DavidMcLeod wrote:

I am also having the same issue.

I would like to change my location from Australia to the USA but my visa is registered with an Australian address.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You won't be able to unless you have a US payment method since the country on your account and the country where your card is registered must be the same. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I moved from Spain to Ireland, I too am now unable to access my spotify account, iphone and computer due to error 408. I have tried to change the location but to no avail.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matt

@mattna87 wrote:

Hi,

I moved from Spain to Ireland, I too am now unable to access my spotify account, iphone and computer due to error 408. I have tried to change the location but to no avail.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matt

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are logging into a premium account which I assume you have since you need one for iPhone, you should never see Error 408. Are you sure your subscription is still active on online overview

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Recently moved from London to Australia and cannot access any of my music. As it says I cannot be abroad for longer than 14 days. I'm not abroad as this is where I live now. Any ideas/help as to how to change my country setting? Thanks.

@Joeallen - You should just need to change your country on this page to Australia and press Save:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

Hi peter,

It says I need to subscribe to premium in order to change my location. I understand spotify does work in Australia so therefore I shouldn't have to pay in order to have a free account?

Try the steps here and if you are still having issues, get in touch using the link in the topic. 😉

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/I-can-t-change-the-country-in-my-acc...

Peter

Suggested posts