Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to delete playlists.

Solved!

Unable to delete playlists.

Hi, I've been having this for a while now but since its now beginning to bug me a little I thought I'd come here to ask for some help. My problem is this: One of the playlists I have made that shows up in the Spotify sidebar I have deleted long ago. However, whenever I click on my profile name in the top right and open up my profile I can still see the the playlist there, under "Public playlists". One difference from this playlist than the others is that there is no option to delete it. It's completely missing from the right click context menu as are numerous other options that should be there too. I've looked around already and have seen similar problems reported by other people yet the solutions for them have not been as succesful with me. This particular playlist is found neither in my mobile app nor the web client either. The only place it's appearing is in my profile. If anyone has had previous experience with this or have an idea that might solve this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: While writing this, I had a fiddle with the playlist that wouldnt go away. I had the idea of trying to click and drag it off and although that didn't work, the info for it's location popped up which I decided to copy into the web browser version of spotify. Surely enough, it worked. From there, this hidden playlist was able to be deleted by pressing the "..." elipsis that brings up the menu and pressing delete. A word of caution when doing this though. This option may appear or dissapear intermittently. It is somewhat understandable that since the playlist is a little glitched or something so if the option to delete isn't there, try refreshing the page and immediately trying again.

Edit 2: Tried it a couple times, and problem still there. Pressing delete won't delete it, so back to square one. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for that Tim. If you logout and then back in, how's everything looking now? Let us know if there's any further troubles 🙂

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Timc168 

Thanks for reaching out to us with your queries. We'd love to help out and get rid of the list for you.

To have a look at things, can you send me the Spotify URI to the playlist? Get this by right clicking on it and selecting 'copy Spotify URI' from the list.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Thank you for the swift response. This should be it hopefully: spotify:user:timc168:playlist:2o7kyBNBPISLVRZkjCIvnQ

Marked as solution

Thanks for that Tim. If you logout and then back in, how's everything looking now? Let us know if there's any further troubles 🙂

Thanks!

Thanks very much. That worked perfectly. Your help was very nice.

Suggested posts