Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to purchase premium after credit card expired [cant add new method]

Solved!

Unable to purchase premium after credit card expired [cant add new method]

Hi Spotify community! Want to start this off by saying I already have a ticket at the spotifysupport but i figured i might give this a shot too.

A month back my creditcard expired and i got a new one - Spotify flagged for it and asked me to update my payment details and so i did - everything fine i thought, until yesterday when my premium got set back to "free". 

Went to my account and saw that my old credit card was still there so i tried to remove it and then add payment option again.  After clicking "Upgrade to premium" im met by "Unfortunately, there is no support at the moment to make this type of change to your subscription. To change you may need to cancel your subscription first and then subscribe again. Alternatively contact ourcustomer service team who can help you further."

So now i cant add a new payment method or cancel my current subscription( obviously since it says im using free). 

Anyone had this before ? Any way to resolve it ?

Thank you! 

Best regards

Christian

**edit 

I have response from a Carlos @ spotify - cant see any ticket number though. I can post the subject if any mod wants it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Grace! Got help now from Daryl that added Premium to my account - i was then able to add my credit card without any error messages. 

Than you very much for the help and have a great weekend 🙂 

//Christian

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @qhrizz!

Was Carlos able to resolve your issue?

What's your Spotify username? If needed I can escalate your case with your username.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hey @merik! I havent heard back from Carlos yet, so i guess the answer is no.

My username is qhrizz

Thank you!

@qhrizz wrote:
@hey @Merik! I havent heard back from Carlos yet, so i guess the answer is no.

My username is qhrizz

Thank you!

He will or another agent will get back to you soon! They haven't forgotten! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thats great 🙂 just got worried when i didnt hear from him yesterday. Guess i have to wait til monday?

Have a good weekend @merik!

@qhrizz wrote:
Thats great 🙂 just got worried when i didnt hear from him yesterday. Guess i have to wait til monday?

@Have a good weekend @Merik!

I've just replied to you.

Please check your inbox!

Thank you Grace! I have responded  🙂

//Christian

Marked as solution

Hi Grace! Got help now from Daryl that added Premium to my account - i was then able to add my credit card without any error messages. 

Than you very much for the help and have a great weekend 🙂 

//Christian

Great news!

Glad it's sorted now. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else in the future. 

Hey !!!!

I have the same problem !!! cant change my payment method ??? Help pleace !!!!!

Suggested posts