Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unauthorized billing

Solved!

Unauthorized billing

I forgot to cancel a free trial and got billed on 7-27. I didn't complain. It was my own fault. I went to the site and canceled my subscription and never used the site again. Today I see I was AGAIN billed through paypal. I went to the site and went through the process of canceling my subscription AGAIN. I know it's a 2-3 step process. I've now been through the cancelation proces THREE times and it STILL says:

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed 2014-09-27 and charged $9.99 + $0.92 Sales tax every 1 month, unless you cancel your subscription before that time. 

What????????????? What do I have to do to cancel this payment? I've disputed this month's charge on paypal as unauthorized.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I have never heard this company and never used the service but my credit card was charged for several months. I just found out! This is ridiculous. I had to sign up for this website to talk about this because there is no way to reach customer service.

I am very unhappy about this. Contact me asap.

@jenniejung - You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If your card has been used by someone else, I would strongly suggest you contact your bank or card issuers fraud team as a matter of urgency too. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was billed for an account starting 4/15.  My son says he only has basic Spotify so please explain why I am getting charged $9.99 every month. I can't get into the billing info as I don't have an account.  I would like to be refunded--no one has premium.

Suggested posts