Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
spot_sucks

Re: An Open Letter to Spotify - Btw, I'm canceling my premium account today

Great that this only applies to people who made an account before the requirement of having a Facebook account.

What does this mean for the rest of us? I deactivated my FB account. Logged onto Spotify, only to receive an email thanking me for reactivating my Facebook! ABSURD! 

You make me sick Spotify and I will now boycott you. 

VM
Music Fan
VM

Re: Unlink Facebook

Dear Spotify -

I have been singing your praises to all my friends recently... that is until I tried to figure out how to unlink my Facebook account like all these other people.  Spotify is a great product, but forcing people to maintain and sign in with Facebook is a major faux pas in my mind.  While there are many advantages to having a Facebook account, it is really beginning to creep me out how much it is invading all aspects of my online experience.  Not only is Spotify alienating customers who voluntarily abstain from Facebook, you are forcefeeding it to the rest of us who are trying to "moderate" our Facebook consumption.  

I sincerely hope Spotify quickly does away with required Facebook log in, and at a MINIMUM can someone explain to me how to remove the scrolling "what your friends are listening to" feed on the bottom right. I find it very distracting, and frankly I don't need to know what my "friends" are listening to.

thanks.

Concert Regular
spot_sucks

Beautifully said!

Music Lover
bcjrocks

Your facebook requirement is unacceptable.  The idea that in the future I may need to provide access to a FB account to rent an apartment, apply for a credit card, watch a movie, or buy a new car is disturbing to say the least.  If your ill conceived "innovation" is deemed successful, that is undoubtedly the direction we will be headed, so I will not reward this or contribute to it in any way.

Premium account canceled.

Music Lover
bcjrocks

The more I think about this supid policy, the more it bothers me.  The only benefactors here are a few executives who surely got a fat bonus check over "the facebook deal", at the cost of your customer's privacy, your brand, your reputation, and your employees who have to bite their tongues and deal with the backlash.

This is anti-competitive, it's anti-consumer, it is pure greed and it states clearly what kind of values drive this company and how little respect you have for your customers, who you herd through the Facebook marketing machine like cattle.

Regardless of whether or not you ever come to your senses and abolish this policy, I will not be back now that I know what you think of me.  This is the future of music, we may not have many choices today but that will change very soon, and Spotify will have to figure out how to compete with services who value their customers and see them as more than an affiliate referral commission.

Music Fan
sean0

[ Edited ]

Honestly I couldn't care less that we are forced to use facebook. What really pisses me off though is that because I signed up after the fb requirement, I can't foking unlink my fake facebook account I created to signup and avoid sharing. Now that I've realized sharing was turned off by default, I want to use my real facebook account and go social with my music. Except I can't even switch FB accounts because this system is poorly designed.

I am a premium user who loves spotify but hates the account system

DO SOMETHING SUPPORT TEAM

Music Lover
dfleetha

Yeah I am about to delete my premium account as well. I don't think it is right that it is linked to facebook. I love spotify so much but this is ruining my experience in entirety. See ya.

Music Fan
kelleys888

I agree. I love my spotify account and love to use it on my phone.  I pay for Premium and am probably going to cancel next month if Spotify does not allow you to unlink the account with Facebook.  I have two phones, one is my personal line and the other is for business use, however I have my business phone with me when I am at work and I work in cellular so I am allowed to have apps on my phone. However, since it is a company device, I don't like having my Facebook connected with it since I like to keep that private.  So basically I am paying for a service I can only use on my days off and the communte to and from work????

Spotify, Facebook should be an option.  Subscribers should be able to make this choice and not have it forced upon us.  I understand that I don;t have to share what I listen to on Facebook, but I don't want to use Facebook as a login any longer because it means I can't get the most out of what I pay you each month. 

Expect this thread to multiply in the coming months with Premium users getting ready to cancel their subscriptions and go elsewhere.  Thsi was a very poor decision on your part.

Concert Regular
papasagg

I like how a free service linking with a free/subscription by choice service joining forces has so many people angry.

They all have Facebook accounts.

That isn't the problem, they just hate that homies can see that it aint Lil Wayne but ABBA that you bust out when you are home alone.

I don't see the big fuss.

Spotify offers a great service at an amazing value.

They link with services like Facebook to make money and get bigger and better and richer and did I mention better?

If you don't dig it then take your entitled butt someplace else that will eventually link with Facebook as well so you can boycott them eventually as well....

Or you could log onto your MySpace account and let the other 3 people on MySpace hear your grievance.

Or you could just mellow and deal with it.

Music Fan
samtheward

papasagg wrote:

They all have Facebook accounts.

I don't...

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.