Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink account from Facebook

Unlink account from Facebook

Hello,

I signed up to Spotify using my Facebook account ages ago. I now want to deactivate my Facebook account, but can't because every time I use Spotify it activates again!

How can I unlink the two? I can't even submit a question on the contact us page because it won't load properly.

I'm really frustrated that there isn't a really simple way to do this.

14 Replies

You'll need a new account and the support staff can help you with this. If this contact form won't work for you, even in another browser, you can use this one instead. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Deactivating facebook and keeping spotify without having to get a new acct can be done if you have a premium acct.  you need to log back into facebook so you will have access to your spotify acct.  You then need to create a device password.  click this link to create a device password  http://www.spotify.com/account/set-device-password  Once you receive an email and create your device password, log out/deactivate facebook, then log into spotify on your device using your new numerical username and password provided. Enjoy!

You can remove Facebook link from the app.

Just look for guides in the Help section.

For windows it's:

Edit > Preferences > Social: Unlink Facebook.

Not sure if it's a prem. only option.

How can you unlink a fb profile from a mobile app. My wife linked hers somehow but I can't find any way of unlinking it on the iOS app (I only use mobile). Can't find an answer anywhere. On the point of abandoning spotify for a different provider due to this. On premium.

Do you know how to get around this if the email your facebook is set up with is unable to be accessed? Its an old hotmail account and cannot get into it anymore so can't get the spofify password. Can I somehow get it sent to my new email?

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

I'm premium but don't have this option 😕

Hey @sociallynina

Thanks for getting in touch.

The best guys to reach out to in this instance would be the guys at https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact The'll be able to get you set up without a FB link.

If you receive what looks like an automated response, just reply back to it and the right team will get your email 🙂

Thank you!!!

Hi.....

Thanks for this info but for some reason it keeps indicating that the username is incorrect when trying to set up the device password 😞

i have this exact same issue but with my sister on the account. Did you ever find a solution to this?

i have this exact same issue but with my sister on the account. Did you ever find a solution to this??

@Kopitana wrote:
How can you unlink a fb profile from a mobile app. My wife linked hers somehow but I can't find any way of unlinking it on the iOS app (I only use mobile). Can't find an answer anywhere. On the point of abandoning spotify for a different provider due to this. On premium.

I am following exactly what you said

"For windows it's:

Edit > Preferences > Social: Unlink Facebook"

However once I get to the Social area it shows my FB profile picture and name and below it there is a button for  "Share my activity on Facebook."  Nowhere is there an option to unlink, even in the advanced options I pulled up.  Can you help?  I've been at this for days and its killing me.

I never linked my Facebook account to Spotify. In fact, my Facebook account has been deactivated for 4 years. I did use the same email to create my Spotify account, but never linked or connected the two. I got email saying my Facebook account was reactivated. How was this possible?

Suggested posts