Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrade from Unlimited to Premium with redeem code (solved, kind of..)

Solved!

Upgrade from Unlimited to Premium with redeem code (solved, kind of..)

Hi,

I just bought a 100$ gift card and entered the code on my cellphone. Automatically I was given the Unlimited version which don't work on my cellphone, and it is impossible to change to Premium even though it stands as an option on the website. It seems that this option is possible, it even stands that by doing the change I going from 364 Unlimited days to 182 Premium, but I can't still change it! I get some "offers" to get Premium by being charged on my credit card, but I feel that 100 bucks for nothing is quite enough...

So, how do I change my account from useless Unlimited to Premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I would should getting in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form (or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter). 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Problem "solved" thanks to Spotify customer service. Thanks Alex and Niall!

How ever, I sincerely hope that Spotify change the procedures for changing account. That can't be that hard!..

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi there,

You should be able to upgrade by visiting this page.

Your remaining Unlimited time will be halved and converted to Premium.

Let me know if that didn't work 🙂

Last.fm | Twitter

Nope, it doesn't work. It says "you've not added payment details to your account yet". The reason why I use gift cards is to avoid adding payment details on Spotify. When I mark the gift card as a choise of payment I received a message that the code is already used. I've done this before without payment details but since it goes 6 months between each and every time I can't remember how I did. I have tried for about 3 hours and clicked on every link on the page but I started to realize that i'm scammed by Spotify..

Thanks for the tip anyway! Any other tip?

Marked as solution

I would should getting in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form (or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter). 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

Last.fm | Twitter

I did it immediately when I realized I was stuck, emptied my entire SOC (Stockpile of curses..)  So now I'll just have to wait for some kind of answer, grab a beer and try to go from Defcon 1 to something less destructive for my surroundings..

It is, after all, saturday!

Marked as solution

Problem "solved" thanks to Spotify customer service. Thanks Alex and Niall!

How ever, I sincerely hope that Spotify change the procedures for changing account. That can't be that hard!..

@purrica - Glad you got it sorted, despite the long wait!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts