Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
rapid10
Accepted Solution

Use Spotify without a credit card

Hey,

I love Spotify and first I want to buy an unlimited account. There's enough money on my PayPal Account, but I cannot choose the option to pay with my money on account.

Sorry, but it's counterproductive to offer no possibility to pay WITHOUT a credit card. Not everyone has a credit card. So, please enable the option to pay with my credit on PayPal.

Best wishes from Austria!

Community Legend
krikelin

Re: Use Spotify without a credit card

In sweden you can buy premium and pay with Klarna mobil, but I believe that using common invoice system is very expensive for Spotify.

However, in some countries, Sweden, England and US you can buy gift cards. 

สวัสดีครับ Music is for the spirit as what food is for the body. Dr. Sounds. Between March 27th - April 5th I will be on vacation and have limited or no access to the internet.
Music Lover
rapid10

Yes, but not in Austria. And why it's expensive, when Spotify using PayPal's service to pay with credit?!
Roadie
power87

same problem, no credit card, enough paypal credit - still need a creditcard for paypal :smileylol:

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

In Finland you can buy gift cards from R-Kioski (Music bundles, Unlimited and Premium) and from TeliaSonera Oyj [Sonera] (Only Premium and even if you do not have Facebook).

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Roadie
power87

[ Edited ]

But i am from the Atlantis, and now? :D

The most online shops have more payment options than spotify and as an international provider it should be be a standard to offer the most common payment options.

I for myself organized a creditcard now but not all people can do this.

Music Lover
SleepyAnt

Hi,

is there no solution???
I also want to buy a premium account, made especially for this a paypal account, but its still NOT possible to buy the premium account and I also can't buy an e-card! That's incredible...
I'm from Switzerland... please give me a possibility to continue 

Music Lover
SleepyAnt

Haha... I read in another post, the credit card is only used for the verification of the country...

now I asked a friend for his CC, he don't need it, it's a debit-card that also should be accepted... but because he don't need it, it is not charged... 
and... WOOHOO... it is NOT accepted by Spotify... I used it in combination with my CHARGED PayPal Account...
so Spotify don't need the CC only for the verification of your location...

what a mess around... they don't want our money... WHAT ELSE? 

Award Winning Artist
hpguru

[ Edited ]

You need to credit card at least one cent. Spotify try to charging 1 cent and then refund this 1 cent and then your country is verified. You need to transfer to this card for example 5 cnt. Remember, some banks does not transfer money like 5 cent, you need to try. Maybe 15-50 cnt works like a charm.

Then, when your country is verified, you can delete credit card details and choose to pay with Paypal.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Sam
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Hi everyone,

If you are having any trouble with payments, please contact our payments team. They're really nice. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Alternatively, check out our FAQs regarding payments here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/

SleepyAnt - A payment card is needed when changing the country in your account for verification purposes. Not when signing up for subscription. So, please, don't use your friends card.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.