Close
Gig Goer
InkyHeels
Accepted Solution

Username on Spotify

So I was required to create a Spotify account using Facebook, which is irritiating but manageable.  How do I change my Spotify username?  Right now it seems I must log int to Spotify as my Facebook name (not comfortable with that) and elsewhere it lists my username as a series of numbers. I am not a number! (as quoted by "The Prisoner").  Please let me know how to take care of this. 

Thanks for your help.  In advance.  As they say in the corporate world.

Elizabeth

Community Manager
Meredith

Re: Username on Spotify

Hi Elizabeth, 

At this time it's not possible to change the username for a Spotify account.

As you've joined through Spotify your display name the same as your display name on Facebook. When you log in just enter the email address and password that you use for Facebook--there's no need to use those digits as they are for our use only. 

If you're still seeing these numbers rather than your display name in the app, please try a clean reinstallation

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Gig Goer
InkyHeels

[ Edited ]

Never mind.  Got an answer.

Gig Goer
InkyHeels

Okay thanks.  It is showing my FB name and the username of numbers is just greyed out.  I'll suffer through - heh.

Festival Fanatic
sladerino

I have the same Problem as InkyHeels.

I registred through my Facebookaccount, but in the app i don't see neither my facebookname/email, nor i see the name of my friends- only numbers. Also Profile Images does not get displayed.

Any solution for this?

13-03-2012 14-12-52.jpg

Garage Band
Flakes

Same "number"-problem here. Clean install is out of question because i just installed it the first time on windows and os x and have the problem on both.
Richard

Hey sladerino, Flakes - are either of you connecting through any kind of proxy or using a firewall that might be blocking the Facebook part of the Spotify connection?

I've seen this cause problems before, similar to the screenshot provided above.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Festival Fanatic
sladerino

Hi there,

now you mentioned it- yes I'm at work behind a proxy. This might also explain why I can't see any updates of music i have listen to on facebook.

I guess there is no solution for it?

Richard

It seems so at the moment I'm afraid. All the cases I've seen of this are workplaces that have banned Facebook and this has the effect of blocking out that bit of Spotify.

A bit annoying I know - sorry I can't be much more helpful right now.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Festival Fanatic
sladerino

[ Edited ]

Just FYI: Our Workplace is not blocking Facebook. ;)

Also I can log in with my Facebook-Login to Spotify (well, at least, this is the most important function :P)

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.