Close
Music Fan
jcg504

Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

Hi,

I'm a long term Spotify Premium subscriber, yet I've just upgraded to one of Vodafone's new Red packages which gives me a free Spotify premium subscription for the length of the contract (24 months). They've informed me that this only applies to new accounts, however I was wondering if it was possible to apply the offer to my existing account? 

Alternatively I will cancel my current subscription and create a new account? Although I'd rather not.

Cheers,

J

Liam
Topics: 120
Kudos: 1,322
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 422

Re: Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

They should be able to upgrade your account if it is a free account (I think that's how the systems work).

However, they may not. Disable your subscription, and then ask them to try and upgrade your account. The worst that could happen is that it doesn't work :)

Liam

P.S

Is that the 4G ready one?

Music Fan
brybee19

Hi

I have the same issue- did you manage to sort something out?

Cheers 

B

Sam

Hi guys,

You should be able to add this Premium onto an existing Spotify account. However, your Spotify account will need to be a free account before you can do so.

If you need to cancel your current subscription, just head here. Once you start hearing ads again, you'll be able to add that Vodafone deal to your account.

If you'd like any help, just contact our accounts team. They'll be able to walk you through everything.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
michelabbink

I have the same issue. Just cancelled my premium account, will I now be able to sign up via Vodafone with the same account details and recover my playlists?
Spotify
Calvin

[ Edited ]

michelabbink wrote:
I have the same issue. Just cancelled my premium account, will I now be able to sign up via Vodafone with the same account details and recover my playlists?

You will be able to add the Vodafone deal to your account on the 10th when your current Premium expires.  Your playlists will still be intact.

THERE IS NO JUSTICE - THERE'S JUST ME.
- Death, Terry Pratchett.

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.