Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When you remove a playlist, does the follower gets a notification?

When you remove a playlist, does the follower gets a notification?

I had a playlist, wich i deleted. But i was wondering if the follower of that list, gets an email or notification about the removal...?

6 Replies

I just discoverd that even tho i deleted the playlist, the followers kan still see en play it and follow it. But i don't want that.

How can i remove a playlist, so that the follower cant see it anymore? Or is there a way to remove a follower?

Hi @LennekeB and welcome to the community 🙂

When you delete a playlist, you're actually only deleting the link from your account to the playlist, or at least that's the impression I have gained over time.

Really, the only way to completely 'delete' it would be to delete all the tracks inside the playlist, then rename the playlist to something like - or ., and then delete it - anyone following it will now have an empty playlist titled - or ., which they will most likely just unfollow.

There is no way to stop people following your playlists, apart from making them 'secret', however I am unsure as to whether or not this removed current followers.

Liam

Thanx! I assume that the follower gets an email regarding the changed playlist? I get emails constantly about the lists i follow, so i assume that in this case it will be the same?

I believe followers only get emails when a song is added to a playlist 🙂

Liam

Hello all,

I'm tired of waiting for this basic feature so I cancelled my Spotify subscription. I advice everyone in this forum to do the same. Once you cancel, they ask you why. I've clearly explained them why (see text below). If we all cancel and explain them why we cancel, they will have to change this privacy setting! It's our right!!

Why are you unsubscribing?

What features?

The ability to block and/or remove Followers! It's all about privacy which should be standard. Many online forums are asking/begging for this feature. We're tired of waiting. So I cancel my subscription until till this feature is implemented. I know many will follow me as it's not up to Spotify to take decisions about our privacy. The longer it takes to get this feature active, the more will change to a different music app!

I made a playlist some random person followed it and I can't see who, which is weir d and annoying. I checked everyone that follows me, if they follow the playlist,but none of them. So I checked people I followed, and no one. IT'S SO WEIRD bc it's like how did they find this playlist, who are they, do they know me, IDK. I tried putting it on private put the follwers stilled showed. People should be able to see who follows their playlists. Because this can lead to others being like, wow we like the same kind of music and develop a relationship or something. BUT nope I have a random mysterious person following one of my playlists. 

Suggested posts