Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Heddle

Why do some accounts have time limits?

Two of my friends and I use the free version of spotify. Except my account has a 10 hour limit per month or something, and can only listen to each song 5 times whereas my friends don't have the time or play limit. None of us pay, or have paid, and I'm just wondering why my account is limited when their accounts aren't?

Community Legend
Stupify

Re: Why do some accounts have time limits?

Spotify gives unlimited free listening for the first six months of use. Then they will get time limited. Your friends haven't been on Spotify for six months yet.

Also, all users from United States have unlimited free listening regardless of the time they've been on Spotify.

Music Fan
musickic_33

I am in the US and have had spotify for 2 days yet my phone says I have a 24 hour trial listoning left not unlimited.What went wron
Community Manager
Meredith

Hi musickic_33 - According to our records you've just signed up for our 48 hour Premium trial. We don't have any payment details linked to your account. 

Is it possible you've made two accounts on our system? You should have received an email receipt if you upgraded successfully. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Music Fan
kimmetjehier

I have the same problem, me and a friend both start to use spotify at the same time (last month), but she doesnt have a time-limit and I do :(..

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

Hi kimmetjehier - According to our records you originally opened your account with us in December.

As these limits come into effect after six months, you would've started receiving time caps in June. Hopefully this helps clarify things a bit. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

Music Lover
1000tobbe

Owned 

Music Fan
Logiee

Can you tell me why i get blocked after i have used my time limit then once it changed for next munth that i dont get to listen to 10 hrs worth of songs and it jumps straight to 50 mins ?

Happens every time i try listen to music. There is no way i listen to ten hours of music in like days after it lets me listen again.

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Logiee - Welcome to the Community. 

So free accounts are timed on a weekly basis. The reason you're not able to listen to 10 hours at once is because it's divided into 2.5 hours per week. Once this week has finished for your account, you'll be able to listen to another 2.5 hours. 

You can find more info right here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/unlimited/how-much-music-can-i-play-with-spotify-open/

--------
Looking for tunes?

Music Lover
lukebaker

how comes i had a time limit then it dissapered and now only today come back ? will you just get rid of it spotify is becoming a pain now

Meredith wrote:

Hi Logiee - Welcome to the Community. 

So free accounts are timed on a weekly basis. The reason you're not able to listen to 10 hours at once is because it's divided into 2.5 hours per week. Once this week has finished for your account, you'll be able to listen to another 2.5 hours. 

You can find more info right here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/unlimited/how-much-music-can-i-play-with-spotify-open/

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.