Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wont let me search music

Solved!

Wont let me search music

Hey im having trouble searching music everytime i try it says "Search failed. Please try again" and has said it for the last 10mins... really not happy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

13 Replies

Same here.  Given that I bought into the whole idea of Spotify being my music collection, this seriously sucks.  PArticularly as Spotify is claming all systems are up and working...

I'll chime in and say same here. I'm also getting "browsing failed, please try again." Spotify status page says everything is good to go....

Also, on a related, but unrelated note, moving the spotify status to a twitter account is a HORRIBLE idea. 9 times out of 10 when I try to get on twitter during the day their servers are so overloaded that nothing can be loaded. Like right now, can't get on spotify, can't get on twitter, annoyed.

I'm having the exact same problem.  Also for the past several minutes.

same here...weird activity related to search....wont wrk

join the club

I need my MUZIK at work...

Marked as solution

Fixed.

browsing is still randomly not working- streaming is stuttering- I have a VERY fast connection so it isnt that. 

The search bar wont search anything.It just brings me to a blank page everytime.This posting is the most relevent issue i've been able to find.

@1115479019 wrote:

Hey im having trouble searching music everytime i try it says "Search failed. Please try again" and has said it for the last 10mins... really not happy

The search bar wont search anything.It just brings me to a blank page everytime.This posting is the most relevent issue i've been able to find.

@LeDonne Are you using the desktop client? What operating system?

Yes I am using the Desktop client ,EMachines.  I've never had any issues with spotify till about 3 weeks ago.

Does everything else display correctly? If search works for you in the web player, could you try reinstalling the desktop client please?

Suggested posts