Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

Can anyone help?

I signed up to premium with a facebook account I no longer use (though it is still active)

Can I swap my account over the facebook account I do use whilst retaining my playlists etc and premium membership?

Hi

I created my spotify a long time ago with a spotify user id. Somehow my ex girlfriend is the one connected with facebook (top right corner in spotify). I´ve tried to disconnect under preferences but she still is the one logged in. Now under preferences it just says "connect to facebook" and of course I tried to connect with my own facebook. Several times during the last couple of weeks but nothing happens or changes. How do I get this solved?

Hi. It sounds like one of you logged in on the other's device. Could you ask your GF to disconnect her account from facebook as well, then both of you reconnect to your correct account profiles? It can then take a couple of days for your profiles to update.

I assume this isn't you?

Screenshot - 23_08_2014 , 15_57_04.png

That´s correct. The thing is that she does not have any devices. But I have computers, ipad and iphone. Probably she has logged in on each an every one of them at occasions. But since she now is my EX I don´t want her to use my account. I´ve changed spotify password but she seems to be able to just login with her facebook details anyway.

Strange that you can't just disconnect from facebook. If you get in touch with the support team here, they will be able to help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Hello, I'm hoping anyone can help me.

I'm pretty sure I linked my Facebook to my Spotify when I created it, I have now Disconnected from Facebook and also deleted it from Facebook (in the Apps).

As result, can I change my user, or at least my photo?

Because those two, are still Facebook ones.

Awaiting a reply.

Thank you for your time.

Knight Of Time & Prince Of Heart

Hey there. Thanks for your input.

You can't change photo without Faqcebook for now. Your username will be the same.

If you want to remove picture from cache, please reinstall ypur app.

We do it again, thanks for your input!

I'm here for help, so here we go 🙂

Alright, thank you very much for the quick reply!

I am very grateful!

Knight Of Time & Prince Of Heart

Hi there, 

When i was setting up my Spotify account, after having created the account and paying for it. I connected it to facebook to see what sort of features that that would provide. However my daughter was already logged in and my account took on her details. Now when ever I open spotify of people search for me they see my daughters profile. 

I've tried disconnecting from facebook in both the app and the web account page. but still no luck. 

Please help! I'm having an identity crisis.

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 10.09.26.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 10.31.20.png

so no one can help me? 😞 

@cindygabriel wrote:

Hi there, 

When i was setting up my Spotify account, after having created the account and paying for it. I connected it to facebook to see what sort of features that that would provide. However my daughter was already logged in and my account took on her details. Now when ever I open spotify of people search for me they see my daughters profile. 

I've tried disconnecting from facebook in both the app and the web account page. but still no luck. 

Please help! I'm having an identity crisis.

Hi @cindygabriel when you go to your Preferences page in the desktop app do you see the button "Disconnect from Facebook"? 

hey

Hi @Meredith no i do not, it says Connect to Facebook. 

Hi there!

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I would like to connect my Spotify to another Facebook account.

Now I know I should go the preferences > social network > Disconnect facebook. My problem is that I don't have the heading social media in my preferences. So I miss the option of disconnecting the current Facebook account.

Is there any way this can be fixed?

Thanks 🙂

@strwht - Unfortunately if your Spotify account was created using Facebook, there is no way to change the Facebook account tied to that Spotify account. If you want to change, you will need to make a new account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

would it be possible to make a new spotify account and transfer the premium status and the playlists to that account?

Should be! If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to do all of the behind the scenes stuff for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Okay thank you 🙂

Greg,

I have disconnected and reconnected my facebook account numerous times without having any effect. Could you do the same for me? Disconnecting it manually? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Jack

@JackPrinsen - What is your Spotify username? Can take a look at your profile.

Peter

Suggested posts