Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Name & Wrong Profile Picture

Solved!

Wrong Name & Wrong Profile Picture

I've seen a couple threads with the similar but didn't find the solution so I am hoping this is the right place and someone can help me out.

My dad allowed his friend to use his ipad for some reason and the friend connected the ipad to his computer. When my dad got his ipad back and opened up Spotify, the name, which is normally his name, under the playlist was his friend's name. In addition, a profile photo of the friend is now on his account.

I did everything possible that is accessible to me/him through a regular website, his android phone and his ipad to see if I can change/remove this but I have found no solution.

My dad doesn't use facebook and I have removed all 3rd party connections and every possible solutions. I can only think that when my dad's ipad was connected to the friend's computer, it somehow synced some account with the Spotify.

How can I remove the profile picture and change the name back to my dad's so it reflects his profile/account.

Other than that everything is the same. Same login, all the playlists are there.. Oh and he's a premium member if that helps.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If  hasn't worked just PM me the registered email address of your dad's account and I'll take a look for you.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there,

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

If the Spotify account has become tied to someone elses Facebook, the quickest way to break the link is using the desktop Spotify and going to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook.

Once that is done, all Facebook data should vanish from his profile within 24 hours (although you may need to re-install to clear it out of the app).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks. Tried this and will wait 24 hours to see if it disappears. When I dled the player to my computer, I did see the disconnect from Facebook so I am guessing this is what happened. Will have to see 24 hours from now and see if Spotify is back to normal.

@cykk - Let us know! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

If  hasn't worked just PM me the registered email address of your dad's account and I'll take a look for you.

Thanks, but it didn't work 😞

my wife's facebook profile picture and name shows up whenever I open Spotify.  In the preerences I've disconnected it from Facebook and reinstalled the app but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  very annoying.  please help.  thanks!

@edingersoll 

It can take 24-48 hours for the changes to take affect. Post back here if it still hasn't updated after that time.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Grace, I have the same problem can I pm you too?

Suggested posts