Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gig Goer
dcudmore69
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎20-08-2013

Wrong facebook image and name on profile

If I log out and back in...other name and picture is there.. playlists dont change but was just wondering why. If I do a clean install will I lose all my playlists? I dont log in through facebook and I get a profile picture of one of my friends who doesnt even have a spotify account..just confused...

Peter
Posts: 45,341
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,405
Registered: ‎03-07-2012
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile


dcudmore69 wrote:

If I log out and back in...other name and picture is there.. playlists dont change but was just wondering why. If I do a clean install will I lose all my playlists? I dont log in through facebook and I get a profile picture of one of my friends who doesnt even have a spotify account..just confused...


Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

 

Just make sure you have disconnected from their Facebook in Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. 

Once you have done that, all of their Facebook information will disappear from your account within 24 hours when the servers catch up (and they take a little time). 

 

For future reference too, a clean reinstallation will not delete your playlists, but you would need to redownload any offline content you have stored. 

 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Liam
Posts: 4,437
Topics: 141
Kudos: 1,551
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 448
Registered: ‎10-04-2012
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile

[ Edited ]

Has the friend logged into Spotify on your computer/user account on your computer before? It is likely Spotify detected the Facebook account and linked it to your Spotify account.

 

To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client and click the 'Disconnect from Facebook' button that should be near the bottom.

 

If it isn't there, then the account was made using Facebook. It may take up to 24 hours for the details to be removed from your account.

 

Also, if you reinstall you won't lose your playlists as they are stored on the Spotify servers on the internet. If you're premium you may lose any offline downloaded tracks you have.

 

Liam

Gig Goer
dcudmore69
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎20-08-2013

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile

Liam,   I go to the preferences in the client and all I get is this..notihing about facebook

Capture.PNG
Peter
Posts: 45,341
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,405
Registered: ‎03-07-2012
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile


dcudmore69 wrote:

Liam,   I go to the preferences in the client and all I get is this..notihing about facebook


Those are the settings of the Spotify community, Liam was referring to the preferences in your desktop client where you stream music from ;) 

 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
dcudmore69
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎20-08-2013

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile

hey sorry to be a pain in the ass..but he said

"To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client"

 

and when you say your desktop client...you mean browser??   I work in IT and I love this product but its ties to facebook drive me crazy. I just want my friends fb account having no ties to this. Dont they have help besides a message board even though I appreciate the help..

I use Chrome on my laptop and have an andrioid phone to access spotify..any other suggestions?

Peter
Posts: 45,341
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,405
Registered: ‎03-07-2012
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Wrong facebook image and name on profile


dcudmore69 wrote:

hey sorry to be a pain in the ass..but he said

"To disconnect them, go into the preferences menu in the Spotify client"

 

and when you say your desktop client...you mean browser??   I work in IT and I love this product but its ties to facebook drive me crazy. I just want my friends fb account having no ties to this. Dont they have help besides a message board even though I appreciate the help..

I use Chrome on my laptop and have an andrioid phone to access spotify..any other suggestions?


Ah, its not possible to manage the Facebook connect/disconnect functions from the web player or the android application, which is why we normally refer to the desktop client for windows to do such actions. 

 

If you want to get in touch with Spotify support directly, drop them an email using the online contact form and someone will be able to help you out via email.

 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014


If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements


Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?


More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.