Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

@wreile15 - That account is still showing as connected to Facebook for me. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can work some magic on their end for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! Same issue here. Logged in from someone's iPad and now I have the wrong name and picture. I unlinked with facebook and linked again with my Facebook account and it got right ONLY in the web player. On the app it still shows the wrong name. Hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Marked as solution

@eduardo_alanis - If it is correct in the web player, it is most likely just your Spotify client showing old cached data. Give it a little time (up to 48 hours) to fix itself, if that doesn't clear it follow the steps here to re-install:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

My issue is still not fixed.

When logged in to the website it shows my correct username and picture which is fine.

When using the app, the user andm and pic at the top is my wifes.. This causes me and my wife to not be able to listen to music at the same time. I logoff and log back on with MY USERNAME and PW, and stiiiiillllll shows my wifes info at the top right of the app...

Sending tickets to spotify goes no where, i get an email back stating nothing helpful.. Is there anything anyone may know?

since it seems that your the only one that actually fixed the issue for someone, would you be able to help me? On page 17 you will see my issue.

let me know.

@kfranco77 - Just checking that account is still showing as linked to your wife's Facebook, so something definitely isn't right.

If you have Twitter it might be worth asking @SpotifyCares to check it out for you as they are often faster than email support.

Peter

Thanks a lot, Peter. I will wait, then. Greetings!

Peter: Waiting worked for me. It already got fixed.

Thanks for your help.

My account is also connected to the wrong facebook it should NOT be julia it should be garrison. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting but it always defaults to her name??

@bz1109 - What's your Spotify username?

Peter

Someone please respond on how i can delete my account.

Thanks.

Hi, can you please also help me. I have the name and photo of my ex on my spotify account that nothing i try seems to be able to remove! I have done a clean reinstall, have changed my password, have connected my own facebook account and it still shows their name and photo in the top right of my spotify account on my mac.  What do i need to do to solve this please? 

I also have the same problem where there is a picture of my ex and a picture of her, Please can someone help,

User devnet1

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue.

I have no facebook account linked to the spotify account when I check preferences. But a difference display name still appears in the top right.

I have logged in and out multiple times and I have done 2 clean uninstalls of Spotify, but nothing has worked. I have contacted support and am waiting to hear back from them. Please let me know if you have anymore advice.

Thanks

Hello

Same issue. I disconnected my account with facebook but still my profile shows my facebook photo and user name. I would like to remove it. Could you please fix that? many thanks.

Hi,

Like many others, I also have this problem. Wrong name on my account! Can you please fix it? Have tried logging out/in, activating and de-activating facebook, but nothing helps. 

Thanks

Hey @chrissixt

This sounds like something for our Accounts team to take a look at. Could you reach over to them at https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/? They'll take a look behind the scenes for you.

If you receive an automated reply, get back to it and this will make sure your email gets through to the correct team. Also, if you post your 8 digit case # here, we'll make sure the right team get onto this for you too.

I hope this helps out.

Hi, I have the same problem! My account shows my brother's name and picture. I tried disconnecting facebook and reconnecting with my account, but no luck! What else can i do?

I am also showing the wrong name, I attached my girlfriends facebook to test it out but now it says her name and has her pic in my profile

I am also having this same issue if someone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time

https://open.spotify.com/user/futureaccess

Suggested posts