Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

Hi, I have the same problem, my sons friend Roni KH stands as owner and I can se his picture. Can you please undo that, please? I also wonder if I get my own account, will that be a premium account that I can use for my mobile or is it just this account that is premium?? Best regards

yes i have this too, the name and profile picture are his facebook but supposedly i'm now connected to mine

I've literally tried everything:

- i've disconnected and reconnected with facebook many times 

- i've uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it 

- i've logged onto the other persons facebook and tried to disconnect from anything related to spotify

i don't know what else to do it won't go away. The facebook is my brothers, and he doesn't have spotify. 

Hi - my friends name is on my account, but it has my Facebook picture. I've tried logging in and out load of times. When i go into my account via the browser it's fine, its on my desktop nd mobile devices. Can you look into it?

Hi - my friends name is on my account, but it has my Facebook picture. I've tried logging in and out load of times. When i go into my account via the browser it's fine, its on my desktop nd mobile devices. Can you look into it? thanks

@HexiD wrote:

Hi - my friends name is on my account, but it has my Facebook picture. I've tried logging in and out load of times. When i go into my account via the browser it's fine, its on my desktop nd mobile devices. Can you look into it? thanks

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that makes it disappear? Sounds like its just some data hanging around possibly.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

I have the wrong username in my account. I was connected to the wrong Facebook-account, and after disconnecting it kept showing that Facebook picture and username. I did a clean install to repair it. It worked 50%, got rid of the picture, but still have the wrong username. I want to upgrade, but not before this is fixed.

Could you help me out in any way?

Best regards, Xandra

Can you help me too ? Same problem..

Very sorry IWaitHere, your post must have slipped under my radar! Are you still having issues? 

tcnorway - Have you tried going to Edit > Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnecting using your own account? 

Peter

Peter

Hi,

Like many others, I also have this problem. Wrong name on my account! Can you please fix it? Have tried logging out/in, activating and de-activating facebook, but nothing helps. 

Thanks

@StoneyMcBrian wrote:

Hi,

Like many others, I also have this problem. Wrong name on my account! Can you please fix it? Have tried logging out/in, activating and de-activating facebook, but nothing helps. 

Thanks

Have you tried a quick clean reinstallation of the client? 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I also have this issue with someone elses name and photo.

I've never even met the person either...

Could you fix this for me also?

How does this happen?

@SprakyB wrote:

Hi, I also have this issue with someone elses name and photo.

I've never even met the person either...

Could you fix this for me also?

How does this happen?

It sounds like your accounts have somehow become tied via Facebook.

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook in the desktop client and then reconnect your own Facebook account if you have one? 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have the same issue - my wife connected to Facebook via my Spotify Premium and now her name is shown on top right! I have tried everything suggested (disconnect from Facebook button and reinstalled etc) to no effect. Can this be fixed centrally from Spotify HQ?! Thanks.

Hi there - I can confirm that your wife's FB is no longer linked to your mews73. 

Try a simple log out and log back in with your username (not your email). Let us know if you have any more trouble. 

Thanks for the response. However, problem still exists! Her name is still shown on the top right when I log into the app... When I login to the website account area it shows as 'mews73', but when I launch the beta web browser player her name (and photo) appear in the bottom left. It's maddening not to be able to fix it!

Marked as solution

@mews73 wrote:

Thanks for the response. However, problem still exists! Her name is still shown on the top right when I log into the app... When I login to the website account area it shows as 'mews73', but when I launch the beta web browser player her name (and photo) appear in the bottom left. It's maddening not to be able to fix it!

I have found from experience it takes a little time for the servers to catch up with changes to Facebook data/connections. 

It will most likely sort itself out, the Spotify servers (and the client) temporarily store data to save on bandwidth and prevent loads of requests to retrieve Facebook data all the time which you can imagine might annoy Facebook! Once the system updates, it will know you are no longer connected to Facebook and should remove that data. 

Peter

Peter

Ok, fingers crossed! Thanks for the response.

I also have the same problem. I disconnected from an incorrect facebook account and reconnected to the right one then disconnected again.

Desktop does not show the correct name, shows no profile picture.

Web and mobile both show incorrect name and incorrect profile picture.

Please please reset on the backend.

As suggested above, it did take 24 hours for the change (disconnect from other person's FB account) to take effect - or at least for the client/app to start showing my username again! But all fine now...

i have had this problem for ages and noone ever responds, and its quite annoying because on my phone it wont show up my friends and their playlists. pls solve this - my spotify shows Jet Winke - but my anme is Justin Livesey so ye wtf?

justin livesey

Suggested posts