Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

@ulrikabondesson wrote:

Hi. I've the same Issue. The picture is right but the name is wrong. Can you help me? 🙂

Hey 🙂 

No need to do anything other than have a little patience for the Spotify servers to catch up. If the picture is showing correctly it should fix itself within 24 hours 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi! I have the same issue.

I have logged in with an account (banzaihawaii) which is not linked to any Facebook user to create a list and now this account is linked to my private facebook account. Could you please disconnect them?

Thanks a lot

@MacSicko wrote:

Hi! I have the same issue.

I have logged in with an account (banzaihawaii) which is not linked to any Facebook user to create a list and now this account is linked to my private facebook account. Could you please disconnect them?

Thanks a lot

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you gone to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook in the desktop client? 

I have just loaded your profile and it is not showing as being connected to Facebook for me (just shows your username). 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, that´s the same what I see when I search for the user banzaihawaii but when other look for it, it appears under my private profile - which is weird. And I also cannot access to spotify with this username and pwd anymore. Only my private account I can access.

Your banzaihawaii account definitely isn't currently connected to a Facebook account but you do have a Spotify account connected to Facebook, which might be causing some confusion.

If you search for "spotify:user:banzaihawaii" in the Spotify search bar, the account you find shouldn't be connected to Facebook. If you're seeing it as connected it's likely a caching issue that'll fix itself over time.

To log into your non-Facebook-connected account, you'll always need to login with the following:

Username: banzaihawaii

Password: <your password>

If your current password isn't working, you can reset it from here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

ok, I see both accounts were seperate. Thanks for this. But I still cannot login for banzaihawaii. I have reset to a new PWD but when try to login account or pwd is wrong...no typo for sure...Do you have any idea what happened?

Is it definitely your username itself (not your full email address) that you're using? If so, have you tried logging in on both desktop, web player and a mobile device?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Yes, tried to login with banzaihawaii from desktop and online

Hi MacSicko - Were you able to successfully perform the password reset.

When you click the link here just enter 'banzaihawaii' (not your email address). 

Hi!

Did it again (exactly the same as before) but now it works! Thanks a lot!!! 🙂

Great--glad to hear that's working for you now!

Hi Meredith!

In some way I linked my Facebook to my girlfriends through her Spotify. When she's logged in she has my name but her facebook picture in the upper right corner. I've tried to deactivate Facebook but it doesn't change...

Her account name is saandraa_09 and mine is ante_j

Could you please help me with this issue, she getting mad at me 😃

Kind Regards

@ante_j wrote:

Hi Meredith!

In some way I linked my Facebook to my girlfriends through her Spotify. When she's logged in she has my name but her facebook picture in the upper right corner. I've tried to deactivate Facebook but it doesn't change...

Her account name is saandraa_09 and mine is ante_j

Could you please help me with this issue, she getting mad at me 😃

Kind Regards

If the pictures are right then it should sort itself out, sometimes it just takes a little time for the servers to catch up with name changes 😉 

Peter

Peter

I am also suffering the same problem, could you remove the current facebook profile so I can re link my own? cheers!

@JNBYRNELEIT1 wrote:

I am also suffering the same problem, could you remove the current facebook profile so I can re link my own? cheers!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You should be able to do this yourself. In the desktop client, head to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnect with your own credentials using the same button. 

Be aware it can take up to 24 hours for the name to update on your playlists and profiles since the servers appear to need to update that data. 

Peter

Peter

I have exactly the same problem. Please clear my x-wife off of my account.

@sudden82 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem. Please clear my x-wife off of my account.

If you have reconnected with your own Facebook account it should sort itself out with a little time 😉 

Peter

Peter

I have tried that several times but it doesn't work. Even if I come back the next day and try again it's still the same.

Erik

@sudden82 wrote:
I have tried that several times but it doesn't work. Even if I come back the next day and try again it's still the same.

Erik

Strange, are you logging in using your Spotify username or using Facebook? 

What username is displayed on your online overview, if you post it here I can load your profile and see what I can see.

Peter

Peter

Thnx for taking a look Peter!
I log in with my Spotify username sudden82

Suggested posts