Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

Hi,

I loged in on my girlfriends cumputer as andersjin. Now when she try to log in (jennymichaelajohnson) she get my name and facebook profile picture.

Can you please fix this? 

@andersjin wrote:

Hi,

I loged in on my girlfriends cumputer as andersjin. Now when she try to log in (jennymichaelajohnson) she get my name and facebook profile picture.

Can you please fix this? 

Looks like the Facebook accounts have got messed up for some reason. In the desktop client logged in as your girlfriend, go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. She can then reconnect to her own Facebook if she likes. 

It can take 24 hours after doing this for changes to take effect on profile pages. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Could yo take care of the same problem for me?

@Mariushatloy - What issue are you having exactly?

Peter

Can you reset my offline devices

@yinka - Can you not do it from your online account?

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Peter

My profile shows me my correct profile picture, but when it appears on other peoples feeds and in activity sections and such its a random photo thats not mine. Is there anyway to fix this? MY friends have searched my name but because the photo is not me they dont know that its me.

Weird, has that wrong picture ever appeared on your account?

Peter

Hello, whenever I go onto my Spotify account my playlists and music is all there, yet its my dad's username and profile from FB on it, how can I get rid of it cause he has his own account and its really frustrating.

Please help

In the desktop client go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and that should break the tie.

Bear in mind it can take up to 24 hours for the Facebook data to disappear from your profile.

Peter

I've done that, and then a couple of minutes later i go back to Preferences and it goes back to connected to FB, I've done it a few times and it keeps on coming back to being online to fb with my dad's profile.

Is your dad's Facebook account signed in on any of your devices in a browser tab?

Peter

Not from what I can see, plus he lost his account so he had to start up a new one fom scratch, it just keeps connecting to his profile name and picture, yet everything else on the account is mine

Hi I am also having issues on my account. I had linked facebook but have unlinked it yesterday and my mac client still shows my facebook profile. I have done a clean re-install and also disabled the app on facebook but am still having the issue.

I would like the accounts unlinked and only want to use my spotify account for spotify.

Your help in the matter would be appreciated!

@Munster_18 -- the Spotify account connected to your Community profile currently isn't connected to any Facebook account. If you're still seeing a connection it's likely cached, so a clean reinstall will fix things.

@user-removed -- it can take 24-48 hours to remove the FB connection. If you're still having problems after that, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi Adam i've clean reinstalled it twice and it hasn't worked, still my dad's fb profile name and pic there

What is your Spotify username?

Peter

It is gregorsatti

Can confirm your Spotify profile is not showing as publically connected to Facebook:

gregorsatti.png

Peter

Thanks Peter, my profile is now fixed and back to normal, thanks for the assistance

Suggested posts