Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

@Peter: When I go to the page to connect facebook manually, the page says I have already imported my fb friends and tells me to have fun! Then there's a link to go back to the account overview page.

@sethviii - In that case, get in touch using the link in my previous post too and the support guys can investigate this a little further for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Still no resolution after reporting the problem to support.

Spotify may need a better support team...

Stick at them, sometimes it can take a while for your case to get escalated up the chain of people.

Peter

Still waiting on a resolution, 😕 what is the typical turn around on issues with spotify?

Guess it depends on where the issue is! Can confirm it is still showing incorrectly on your public profile too whatever is going on.

Peter

I have the same problem, I installed on my dad's computer with my profile so he can enjoy the music, but it now appears under his name, I had my facebook linked to it, but now it's not, can you also fix it please?

@Luviliza - If you have a Spotify username style account you just need to change the Facebook connection. In the desktop client go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook then reconnect to your own account.

Be aware it can take up to 48 hours for the Facebook details on your account to change back over to your own.

Peter

My account has this issue a disconected from facebook days ago but my wife name and photo still there on the app. i tried linking to my own FB account but the login opens a new window with "ok" and i does nothing else how do i remove this its reall bugging me?

I am having the same issue! My wife's name and photo are on my account, but she does not have one. I have tried disconnecting from Facebook and reinstalling but it is still there.

Hi, my girlfriend cannot connect into her account using Facebook, she gets into mine with her profile picture on the right upper corner, and if I connect to mine on my android phone with MY username and password (no Facebook) I get into hers but the content of the playlists seems the same on both... What's going on? Please help! Thank you.

ok, it seems that my account was "magically" connected to her facebook account so while she logged in using her facebook usr and psw she dropped into mine. I just disconnected my account from her facebook but how can she reconnect to hers? Her username is: 1172648152

Thank youi very much!

@user-removed @richburk06 - Sounds like your profiles need refreshed or something which is something Spotify support will need to lend a hand with. Quickest way to get in touch is via Twitter: @SpotifyCares.

You can also get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand by email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@sashagandolfi - Your girlfriends account will have been lost when your accounts got merged. Not to worry, if you get in touch using either of the methods above the team will be able to fix that for her too. 

Peter

@Peter thanks for your prompt reply, I can still see her account from my followed account list the user name now is 1172648152, instead of her Facebook name. The problem seems to be Facebook as my profile was not connected to any Facebook account and hers was created using Facebook. I disconnected my profile from hers but how can she login back to hers using Facebook? Thanks a lot.

She won't be able to since her Facebook login won't point to that Spotify username anymore - which is why support need to lend a hand to fix it on their side.

Peter

Yeah wait in line for support.. I still have not got my issue fixed.

Submitting the info goes to a automaited deal and im sure puts you in line to get your issue fixed..

Im going to stick it out a little longer before i literally close out this spotify account and start a new one..

Hi. I have the wrong name and picture on my Spotify account. I have tried to go in to preferences and disconnect. The problem is when I try to connect again but with my facebook,nothing happends. The name I disconnected is still there and I can't connect another one. Can you fix it?

Best regards

Gustav

@wreile15 - What is your Spotify username?

Peter

My Spotify username is wreile15

Thanks

Hello again.

Can you please remove the wrong Facebook linked to my spotify? I have tried to disconnect and connect with my own but nothing happends. I have been trying for the last 4 days.

My spotify username is: Wreile 15

Thanks

Suggested posts