Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrongly attached public playlists - unable to delete them

Solved!

Wrongly attached public playlists - unable to delete them

There seems to be a bug with Spotify's public playlists. My username is "klevstul" ( spotify:user:klevstul ) , and I have made and shared publicly the following six playlists:

- OlympiatoppenOne         spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:0LMvcyrCqe6SiTbuaq1BrJ
- SoulSailor               spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:73H5qlgDfo4KBl8D4L9QOD
- MorningSession           spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:0ouiqMyaHhxY7uM2uTe0l6
- BuraasCollectionSelected spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:0i5lr5nWAKg7DFy3Am9RLh
- RockThatSession          spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:3UVAValuJAAc8QBjtvea6X
- ToddTerjeRemixCollection spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:2snxC3OrUuclPfEkJwlMx1

However, my user has also attached six other playlists, that I have never made. Hence they do not show up in my account's playlists overview and I am not able to remove them. These playlists however do show up when you view my public profile, under the section "public playlists". The wrongly attached playlists are:

- Intro                    spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:5RKSgknarl6VkUmLBSAnPn

- Mortal Bass              spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:5DWTXwIDRxhdJCdXrTh3NK
- Channel Feel             spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:6C5oHlpNe0QhHMLsF6462E
- LCC                      spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:2rPtGqEbxGhV9iNpiFWi2M
- Szamar Madar             spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:4zcAFSgwWq6Y7nEDOEoita
- Various Artists - 50 Best Trance spotify:user:klevstul:playlist:4JwuUU7jeHKwBhfnRfAPtv

There is obviously a bug in Spotify, that relates wrong playlists to certain users.

Would be nice if someone from Spotify could take a look at this, but please do not remove my top six playlists!

Note: This bug is also reported as Spotify Case # 01386229.

k000278.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally I found a solution to this problem. I opened my spotify profile from my mobile / from the mobile app. There I had the option "unpublish" for all the wrongly attached playlists. So finally the wrong playlists are gone from my account.

View solution in original post

Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-15-56.png
Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-19-38.png
Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-19-48.png
4 Replies

If you've opened a case, keep in email contact with spotify and be sure to reply to the automated email. Can you not delete the playlists yourself just out of interest?

I will keep in contact with Spotify, and update this thread if I do hear anything back from them.

There is no way to delete the playlists that I myself did not create. I can only see them in the public view of my profile, and there is no "delete playlist" option there. See attached screenshots. The first listing the options I have for the playlists I have created, the second listing the options for the playlists that has been wrongly attached to my user.

k000279.jpg
k000280.jpg

That's really strange. Hopefully the support guys can sort this out for you 🙂

Marked as solution

Finally I found a solution to this problem. I opened my spotify profile from my mobile / from the mobile app. There I had the option "unpublish" for all the wrongly attached playlists. So finally the wrong playlists are gone from my account.

Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-15-56.png
Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-19-38.png
Screenshot_2014-04-21-20-19-48.png

Suggested posts