Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your country does not match the one set in your profile

Your country does not match the one set in your profile

I am yet another person having difficulties with my country "not matching". However, when I go in to change it on my Mac, it already states "United Kingdom", which is where I moved to from the USA. I have tried quitting, starting back up, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc but it still says my country does not match. I don't know what else there is for me to do since I am in the UK and my profile states just that.

Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.18.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.19.28 PM.png

I don't know if this has anything to do with me using BTWifi? Because we don't currently have wifi running in our flat yet, so I don't have any other options, and in the mean time, Spotify won't allow me to login on my phone. It says "Error: 408", which I assume has to do with the country. I'm lost without Spotify. What do I do when I'm sick of what I have on my iTunes?!

But seriously, any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

3 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Yes, error 408 is related to country 🙂

However, you need to be premium to use it on your phone anyway, and if you were premium it wouldn't be giving an error 🙂

Are you 100% sure you're using the correct account? Did you login using Facebook or a username? Do you have a username?

This is a strange issue, and as you've already tried a full reinstall it makes me think there's two different accounts at play.

Liam

P.S Welcome to the UK 😉 Don't know how long you've been here but still...

Thank you, Liam!

I don't know if it's different in the UK, but in the USA I was always able to use Spotify on my phone, I just couldn't play whatever music I wanted. I just listened to the radio, which is fine.

I don't like attaching things to Facebook, so I just have a username. I really can't see how there'd be another account... I can't think of what else it would be. I don't even care if I have to "start over" with new radios and no playlists, that's fine. I just want to be able to use it at all, and I can't seem to do even that.

Hi there again!

Yes, free mobile radio is only available in the USA 🙂

If you login with Facebook (use your email address and Facebook password), does it give you the same error? Occasionally, if you're logged into Facebook in the same browser, Spotify will create a user account based on the Facebook account.

If that isn't the issue, then your best bet would be to contact support using the Support Form. If you get an automated reply telling you to come here, just reply to it and someone will respond 🙂

Liam

Suggested posts