Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

annoyed and frustrated

annoyed and frustrated

I have already sent a message to you guys as i want to cancel my spotify membership. But due to me not remembering my password and the email assigned to this account is no longer in use. I seemingly can not stop my membership. If you dont email me at the email exigne@gmx.com or cancel this membership asap i will report this to trading standards. This is just not good enough!

9 Replies

Hey @exigneresurgam 🙂 

When you got in touch, you will have received an automated email reply with a case number in it. 

Can you please reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply)? That will bump your case in the system to make sure an advisor gets back to you asap.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Again i state the email address account linked to this spotify account has been deleted so this is not possible

Could you try this contact form instead 

many thanks! have given it a go.

cheers

Great, it gets around the email problem 🙂 I should have mentioned that Spotify takes weekends pretty seriously so you may not hear back for a couple of days.

still no sign of a reply.. i think i will put a complaint in

When you got in touch, you will have gotten an email reply with a case number in it. Can you let us know that number here? 

We can then escalate the case to get a reply for you. 

Peter

Peter

I signed up for the 30 day premium trial on Sep 23rd 2014, so I could see how it worked on my laptop, ipad and on my iphone. It hasn't worked on any as a premium service, I have constant adds and it is not showing that I have the premium trial, but rather the free version. It also says it's going bill me on 23rd of October for Premium when my trail expires. I emailed this problem to spotify on September 26th and got sent an acknowledgement email and  case number.  Apart from the initial acknowledgement I have had no reply or support. I have used online forums to try to resolve this and can't. Yesterday I emailed the above message to Spotify again.  I just got another case number and no promise of a reply.

Could someone tell me how to get some service from Spotify.  I don not want to be billed on the 23th without my one month free trial to test the service first.  I am not sure I can sign up to a service that offers no support.

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. 

If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead reply directly to the last automated reply you got from the contact form system and that will bump your case over to an adviser who can lend a hand. 

Peter

Suggested posts