Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

bad email address

bad email address

I need to reset my password, but the email address I set the account up with is in my exes name and I don't have access to their email anymore. I need to recover or reset my password and sign up a new email address. Spotify is still charging me a monthly fee, but when I contacted them on the phone they wanted some code number that I didn't know and they want me to call my bank and get a code number, but I don't even know what code number I'm asking for. This has been a very very frustrating experience and I'm about one phone call away from canceling my subscription and never saying a nice thing about Spotify ever again. Please help me with this problem.
3 Replies

Spotify don't normally have telephone support, did they contact you? 

Just reply back to Spotify support and they should be able to tell you the code that they require. It sounds like they are searching for the payment in the system rather than using your email address which is unusual, normally they only do that if they can't locate the account. 

Unfortunately since this is a billing issue, those cases are never handled here on the community due to the sensitive nature of the some of the details required. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey @jason_nichols  and welcome to the community!

There is no service hotline so I'm wondering to who you talked to.. I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this (anonymous) contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/. You need to verify that it is your account so please add as much information as you can (Birthday, ZIP, payment info/receipts etc). You'll receive an answer to your current / own mail address that you can enter by yourself.

If you'll receive an automated mail that leads you back to the community or help pages, please reply to that mail (even if it's from "no-reply") and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. But if you get a case number, you can post it here and one of the staff members will look into it.

Suggested posts