Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • Loneliest_Cabin
  • Spotify
  • 928 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 928 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

[Mobile] I cannot access my Queue

I can add songs too it but the button to view and manage what is in the queue is unresponsive, I have tried to close and open the app, and search for an update to no avail.

• Casual Listener
  • I can add songs too it but the button to view and manage what is in the queue is unresponsive, I have tried to close and open the app, and search for an update to no avail.
  • Sneathmeister
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Says I’m Abroad when I am not

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceIPhone 6My IssueSo for Christmas this year I got a gift card for Spotify premium for a whole year. I set up the account the same day and it’s been working just fine. However, earlier today I tried to go on the app, and I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device IPhone 6 My Issue So for Christmas this year I got a gift card for Spotify premium for a whole year. I set up the account the same day and it’s been working ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Premium
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Compromised after password change

PlanFreeCountryBelgiumDevice(Desktop)Operating System(Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04) My Question or IssueI opened spotify and in devices there was a device I did not know (Family Room Display, Google Cast). I changed my password and logged out from all my...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Belgium Device (Desktop) Operating System (Windows 10, Ubuntu 18.04)   My Question or Issue I opened spotify and in devices there was a device I did not know (Family ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Created account through Facebook, now want to remove Facebook completely

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSurface Book 3, iPhone 11Operating SystemWindows 10, IOS My Question or IssueI have created my account with Facebook when Spotify first started. There were more use cases for this in the past then now. At the moment, I want...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Surface Book 3, iPhone 11 Operating System Windows 10, IOS   My Question or Issue I have created my account with Facebook when Spotify first started. Th...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Compromised

I logged in to Spotify on my PC and someone was logged in to Chrome Web Player playing some awful music.I immediately removed all access to my account via 3rd party apps, change password, signed out all devices. What I would like to know is, to be ab...

• Regular
  • I logged in to Spotify on my PC and someone was logged in to Chrome Web Player playing some awful music. I immediately removed all access to my account via 3rd party apps, change password, signed ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Has anyone else had their session terminated on Spotify and couldn't log back in? [1/18/2021]

So me and another person had got logged out but for some reason with "session terminated" as one of the error messages and tried to log back on with the correct user login and it kept saying "the username and password is incorrect" it only took a pas...

• Casual Listener
  • So me and another person had got logged out but for some reason with "session terminated" as one of the error messages and tried to log back on with the correct user login and it kept saying "the use...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution can’t log in

my app kept crashing so i deleted the app and reinstalled it hoping it work. After doing so, i cannot log in nor log in without password and i keep getting “something went wrong”i cleared the cache, deleted and reinstalled, re started my phone, tried...

• my app kept crashing so i deleted the app and reinstalled it hoping it work.    After doing so, i cannot log in nor log in without password and i keep getting “something went wrong” i cl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why has my display name changed?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueUp until now my display name has been my name, but today it has changed to my username; a series of letters and numbers.I have checked https://support.spotify.com/us/art...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Up until now my display name has been my name, but today it has changed to my username; a ser...
  • johnwilliamhunt
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Block

Hi! i have someone on my spotify who constantly stalks me, i'm unsure how to block them/Make them unfollow me or make my account private! Thanks in advance, i appreciate it

• Visitor
  • Hi! i have someone on my spotify who constantly stalks me, i'm unsure how to block them/Make them unfollow me or make my account private! Thanks in advance, i appreciate it 🙂
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasters on Spotify - RSS Feed Author missing

Hello,we tried to confirm our podcast via RSS feed within https://podcasters.spotify.com. The feed ist valid and tested with w3c Validator, but the confirmation process always says, that it needs a "Author". The Author is included and we aren't sure ...

•   Hello, we tried to confirm our podcast via RSS feed within https://podcasters.spotify.com. The feed ist valid and tested with w3c Validator, but the confirmation process always says, that it...
  • GregK4HSM
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Strange PS4 device on Connected devices list

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueOn "connected devices" list in the desktop app I found a device called "PS4-821". I don't have PS4 and don't know who can own this device. I also found that feature "Log o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue On "connected devices" list in the desktop app I found a device called "PS4-821". I don't have ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Account exist but it does not exist

PlanFree/PremiumCountryFinlandDevice(iPhone SE (2020) / (PC)Operating System(iOS 14.3) / (Windows 10) My Question or IssueSo, I try to sign in to spotify for artists and spotify both, it says spotify account doesn't exist, so ok I go and test registe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Finland Device (iPhone SE (2020) / (PC) Operating System (iOS 14.3) / (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue So, I try to sign in to spotify for artists and spot...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone hacked my account and changed my email

they changed the email to log in and password, but they are still using my credit card. I need this resolved IMMEDIATELY

• Visitor
  • they changed the email to log in and password, but they are still using my credit card. I need this resolved IMMEDIATELY
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Premium Family: not able to accept invite

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 13 My Question or IssueI just upgraded my account to a family member account.I sent an invite to the other 4 family members. 3 joined the family account succesfully. However 1 keeps gett...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 13   My Question or Issue I just upgraded my account to a family member account. I sent an invite to the other...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubleshooting

Why can't I sign into my spotify account on my phone? I just downloaded the app, and I've tried putting in my correct info, but it doesn't let me. Any suggestions?

• Visitor
  • Why can't I sign into my spotify account on my phone? I just downloaded the app, and I've tried putting in my correct info, but it doesn't let me. Any suggestions?
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change of country not possible

Hi there, I`ve let my spotify premium run out today in order to join the family premium of my new partner. I always get an error doing so that we aren`t in the same country! My current account is in Germany whilst the family premium is in Switzerland...

• Visitor
  • Hi there,   I`ve let my spotify premium run out today in order to join the family premium of my new partner. I always get an error doing so that we aren`t in the same country!    M...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Registering an account on community.spotify.com endlessly redirects until mail is verified

DeviceMacbook Pro late 2016Operating SystemOSX whatever, Chrome 87.0.4280.88 My Question or IssueI just registered an account to file a separate bug. The community verification email was a bit slow so I assumed it wasn't necessary and tried to post a...

• Visitor
  • Device Macbook Pro late 2016 Operating System OSX whatever, Chrome 87.0.4280.88   My Question or Issue I just registered an account to file a separate bug. The community verification ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

someone stole my music and put it on spotify under his name

I noticed that someone has been using my music and renaming it to sell."A New Challenger Appears" by "Digital Smash" has stolen a number of tracks I've made and renamed them under his or her name to sell on multiple platforms, one of them being Prime...

• I noticed that someone has been using my music and renaming it to sell. "A New Challenger Appears" by "Digital Smash" has stolen a number of tracks I've made and renamed them under his or her name t...
  • astronmusic
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My Premium Account is Playing Ads ...why?

Hi everyone, Maybe someone knows how to help... I have a premium (paid) account. My music is all ad free, good! : ) …..buttttt…... ... the only Podcast I listen to is Joe Rogan... and it seems Spotify is inputting an ad right in the middle of it. It'...

• Hi everyone,   Maybe someone knows how to help...   I have a premium (paid) account.   My music is all ad free, good!  : )    …..buttttt…...   .....
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes